Tornadoes in Tennessee

Texan

Everyone in Tennessee report in when you can. That storm tagged Mena pretty badly last night. I talked to a buddy of mine up there this afternoon and they have 4 confirmed dead, about 75% of town without electricity and some pretty bad damage before the storm moved out. The good news is the early warning system did work and those that could got to shelter.

champ198

Murfreesboro, about 30 miles south of where I live/work, got hit bad. A tornado ripped through some neighborhoods and businesses. Some homes are gone, some knocked off their fondations, lots of destruction. The local news is there live now.

Earlier today, they had us go to our safe areas at work to wait it out. No damage up in our neck of the woods. Pray for the folks in Murfreesboro TN.

RedAllison

Alls fine in west TN/north MS, they petered out lastnight when they hit the MS River.

Middle TN got HAMMERED this morning. North GA and South Carolina in the path right now. Everyone there I hope they dig in and are safe!!!

Good luck,
RA

allisonriverrat

that one big one that tore up the boro started just a few miles from my house. i was in knoxville with brother in law when got phone call about it. called police department to see if we had any damage. my daughter wore my phone out when she found out we had to drive through it on way back.so we just camped out at reynolds marine till it blew over and aggravated hot prop,(lol). but we did pay rent. well brother in law did.

john4utvols

We were under 3 tornado warnings, 1 at 5 that morning, 2 at 12. We just got lucky that none of them touched down. I got a bad feeling where not out of the woods yet. There is a new round headed this way monday. It almost seems like tornado alley has moved more this way over the years.