TORGUEMASTER vs 200 CASE

chad202

Which do you think would be faster?

Case #1: torguemaster with Tooters nosecone(3holes) and stock torgue tab.

Case #2: 200 case with heavy duty internals, Tooters nosecone(3holes) and ally skeg with welded on torgue tab.

chad202

Goooooooooooooooooooood! I knew I read that somewhere but wanted to hear it again. The real test should be in a week or two. :)

ziemer

Are they really that much different???

If the 200 case is faster, I would guess it would be minimal, if at all. Probably <1 mph???

chad202

<1mph is faster than 0mph. :lol: My torgurmaster skeg has a slight crack in the back where it mates to the bottom of the lu. Everything else is perfect with it but I don't want to take a chance with it breaking or trying to weld it. I found a good deal on a 200 case only. Not really looking to run big numbers, just was curious.

J

John Richied

I strongly disagree…. I think the Torquemaster will be faster. This is on an XB-2003 with over 250 propshaft horsepower and the Torquemaster will provide more bow lift in my opinion then the 200 gearcase that you need for speed.

Let us know the results…

A small crack at the top of a torque tab can be cut out before it goes deep with no welding, just something to thing about.

lundy02

I will let you guys know as soon as the ice gets off the rivers and lakes up here i have a torquemaster on boat now and a 200 case coming back from titus. the tm with jc cone was 2 mph faster than a cle with bobs cone.

chad202

I thought about cutting it out John but the crack appears to be a little to far forward on one side. I will still look at it though, may be able to cut most of it out and repair the rest and keep as spare.

chad202

Still haven't forgot to update. The 200 case is being put together this week. Couldn't find front bearings to work with my torquemaster internals so I found a regular case, removed the internals from it to put in the 200 modded case. I will pin the carrier just for added precaution. I'll let ya'll know.

J

John Richied

Any results yet Chad? I hope you got her together and are up and running! :p

john4utvols

I have a friend running the TM on a ss he just put a 300 drag on it, he said it only has a little work done to the skeg by JC. He GPS it last weekend at 117mph and said it had more. He also has NOS on it, but said he hasn't hit it yet.

J

John Richied

OMG!!! 117 mph SMOKIN’! I don’t think he needs NOS; just a good helmet, lifejacket, and obviously he has a set of gonads :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-- 1fastone --

Probationary User
John a drag would tear the gears out of a 200 case. The torquemaster has stronger internals. Have Stukbeur make a xr4 case up and it will top the torqemaster yet. Who ran the 117 Bobby or the Stream? Tell Bobby a man from Memphis wants a top end run with him. Kevin

john4utvols

Bobby ran that speed, He just got the motor from Jaco ( It was one of jaco's special built drags that was set back, He said it was the fastest ones they every had built) I guess Jaco is definitely getting out of racing if he is selling his motors that he had set back.

chad202

Still waiting on some time to run the case. One thing puzzling me is why would it not provide the same lift. I've measured the OD of the case in several spots and it seems to be the same diameter. The skeg is longer from front to back due to the torque tab. This tab has more side bend to it so I'm thinking it should run truer in the water and handle better. Should I stay away from props with the ears cut up the hub since I'm running just regular 200 internals.