TOO Heavy???

Yellowallison

WW its been discussed many times and its really a matter of personal preference.....Is there Xb2003's running good with 3.0L Yes -- but it soemthing Darris doesn't reccomend.

Last edited:

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Theres a fella close to me Named Tommy has a XB 2003 with a new 250 XS on his and he loves it. If I ever spend big money on an newer model motor it will be a 250 XS.

bruce pitts

i have race with Glenn for years if he puts a motor on a boat and does the set up a one arm man could drive it this allison is fast we were thinking about running it in the green class it's over 20 ft if you don't have the need for speed run what you feel safe with

harrells

I have a GrandSport with a 250hp. 3.0L and i love it. it took me a while to get it set up,but once you get it figured out its no big deal, the boat handles it very well, not to mention it sipps fuel. I couldn't see me buying a new boat and putting an older motor on it. The 2.5s may be a little faster with the same HP. but i can run 3X farther on the same amount of fuel.

bringit

better get used too the fact!because the 2.5 will be dinosaurs after epa gets there way.in a few years we will be talking about where 2 get hotrod fourstroke crap!

tharris003

Theres a fella close to me Named Tommy has a XB 2003 with a new 250 XS on his and he loves it. If I ever spend big money on an newer model motor it will be a 250 XS.
Randy is right, I Love mine and it is smooth driving, actually rides better with 3.0 on the back then the 2.5 we had. I have about the same amount of setback on mine as the one for sale and no problems, and the gas mileage is crazy compared to what we were getting with the 2.5 its a lot better now..

Bob Ant

I thought it had as much to do with the lower unit as the actual weight and weather the lower unit racheted or not, if and when it blew out.
Yes-No?
The weight and the not racheting of the prop was causing some boats to roll when a bat turn occured is what I thought was the issue.

It would be nice to know for sure for future engine decisions.

Bob A.

baitcaster

I have known several who have hung a big 3L on the back and this year at Concordia I rode in this one with a bid 3.2L 300 :shock:. The boat ran and handled great:

bullwhipjkg

my 2002 had a 3.0 250 and run somewhere in the 90's loaded to fish
aint never been that fast with my baby mota