To build or not?

bc's xtb21

I have a '91 Bridgeport center horn that I have ran on my xtb21 for about four years. #6 cylinder went down and I am trying to figure out if it would be practical to build this motor. It currently is an all nic motor. And as was inherent in these motors the bridges are cracked between the ports on a couple of cyls, and have been for a couple years. I was thinking about having it steel sleeved and built. I know the 2.5's make bunches more torque on bottom,but man I LOVE the sound of them old bridgeports. This one has been a screamer on my boat.with one person light load it pushed it to 92.7 gps once,felt like it was on the ragged edge tho, I was waiting for it to hook any minute. I've found a 2.5 efi 200 and thought about just dropping the power head on. Just wondering how much difference it would be between the bridgeport and a 2.5 200. I don't race,or really run hard that much but it is fun to have it there when you want it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks an God bless!!

pacman809

I run a stock 2.5 200 EFI on our XTB and have no complaints. A 24" Trophy has been the best all around including skiing/tubing. GPS's out at 82.6- I have a 26" Ally cut 3 Blade that tops out around 85 but, as you described, it may not be at the "ragged edge", you you can see it from there. I'm older and wiser and plan to get even older so 82mph is fine with me. Enjoy. Pacman

bc's xtb21

Thanks pacman, low- mid eighties is plenty fat for me now lol. I went ahead and bought the 200efi it is being built,should be ready next week. I was going to get rid of my 26p trophy I had because I figured I needed a 27 or 28p. I may need to hold on and try my 26. What kind of rpms does yours turn with the 24p?