Through hull transducer in an ss2000

2003225X

I'd like to put a depth gauge in my supersport. I saw another one or two listed for sale that had these types of transducers in them. Anyone know where you would install one? Back in the bilge area?

catfish123

I did not know that after properly installing it with epoxy, that you STILL have to keep water in the tray...............is that correct? I thought it would work fine without it if epoxied in?

MWest77

Mine works fine without water. Put the epoxy down and slowly roll the transducer into it. Then I placed a little weight on it till it set up.

catfish123

Yep..........I agree.........I can see absolutely no point in having to have water in the tray if it is installed with epoxy............obviously the water would not and could not get between the bottom of the transducer where the impulse comes from, and the epoxy. Thanks!

Allyfishing

Bob, you don't need water in the tray. there's not another bassboat out there with an epoxied transducer in their bilge that keeps water in the bilge just for the transducer.

Now I'm sure the Elites that fished st Claire recently may agree that a bit of water in the bilge is nothing compared to the waves washing over some of their boats during that tourny!!! I thought Chris Lane was going to swamp his Legend with all the water he took over the back of the boat.

whipper

There must be a way to build up the sides around the transducer? Mine is always full of water and now not working. Maybe a tube that goes up around it 3 more inches epoxyed in? The sides are low in that recess even forward of the bilge area were mine is gets full of water and stuff all the time. PITA

MWest77

It just stopped working or never worked? There is a tray molded in on all Allison boats that I've seen. It's designed just for transducers. Have you located this yet?