Throttle/shift control cables

gmorgan

I have an XB2003 with a 1997 Mariner Super Magnum 225, and the control cables for the shifter and the hot foot are a bit stiff. I am contemplating swapping them out with the finest, most smooth operating cables I can find. Please advise me the brand cables you would recommend and also the length, if you know it off the top of your head. Thanks in advance.

Jr in Jax

My 98 Grandsport had the throttle and shift cable bent in a tight loop beside the gas tank, either by the factory or the dealer who rigged it. The loop was so tight the inner cable wore through the outer plastic housing leaving me with nothing but idle speed out in the Gulf [offshore of Clearwater]. The cables were always stiff but probably had well over a thousand hours of operation before the throttle wore though the housing. It took a couple of hours at idle speed to get back to the boat ramp. Darus overnighted me a throttle cable and we installed it on vacation. The new/correctly routed cables were much easier on the throttle and shift.

gmorgan

Thanks for the input, men. Does anyone else have a suggestion or opinion as to the best and most fluid control cables?