Threw a blade from my favorite prop Saturday

Jr in Jax

My Wife and me left a beach on Black Creek Saturday to grab lunch at a waterfront restaurant and when we sped up in the main river, it seemed like my engine shuddered a little on take off. The engine smoothed out and ran 73 GPS at 6K RPM with my Trophy Plus 26 [favorite prop due to acceleration and rough water handling].
After the restaurant we got back to the ramp [about a 12 mile trip] and pulled the boat out. I was surprised to find I was missing half a blade from my prop. I always thought that Trophys were bullet-proof, guess not.

Got a new one ordered from Rothwell Marine since Jacos did not have one in stock so I can get my toy going again.

Jr in Jax

Thanks for the offer but Greg Rothwell shipped me a brand new one out, at a great price, the same day. Great guy to deal with. Put the prop on yesterday to use on Saturday.

Jr in Jax

I was launching at the St Mary's yesterday and found out yesterday that my jackplate to engine setback plate was missing the two port side bolts. These were the T&H marine bolts with double nutted nylock nuts. Makes me wonder is someone was trying to steal my engine and got interrupted or did the past bat turns take their toll on the bolts. I did shred a Allison 6" setback plate several years ago doing bat turns. I doubt any attempted theft happened at home since I have [8] 360 degree HD security cameras but could have happened at a hotel or rental condo, been at both recently. I have not done any bat turns in a year since my rebuilt shoulder hurts for a month after doing them anymore, but I have been in some severely rough water recently.

BTW Ted, we are planning on Labor Day long weekend at the Suwannee, try to come!

Last edited: