Thread size for fuel fitting...

h2oskiier30

I'm converting my fuel pump feed to 1/2". Anyone know off the top of their head the fuel fitting thread size where it comes out of the top of the gas tank? I'm out and about today, and would like to pick a new one up, but didn't check thread size before I left home. Any (quick) help is appreciated.

bassracr

Wish I could give you more info , I went out to the garage and was hoping I could tell you just what you needed but its been 5 yrs so hopefully I can give you a few clues to get what you need , believe it or not after being on the hunt and having some fittings reamed and modified I found one off the shelf at lowes that would work unmodified ..they sell them individually in a small sealed bag.. I can tell you I got some copper pipe for a Stand tube at lowes also that was 1/2 inch I.d. And 625. Od. . And sweated the tube into a Unmodified fitting .so .625 or 5/8 would be the inside diameter of what you need. I had an aluminum tank in my 2002 so may or may not be different . Here is a link to how I did mine ...
http://forum.allisonowners.com/showpost.php?p=93193&postcount=29

Hope this helps

Last edited: