this shouldnt last long... 2000 grandsport

allisonriverrat

Well unfortunately it was posted over on face book page ot has been painted... If true it will hurt value in my opinion but will still be good boat fornrigjt price.

racerx

Save people time and tell them in the add its a repaint un factory finish..

Dave Hensley

I sent a message and asked what condition the gelcoat was in and what model the motor was. Never heard back. Hmmmmmmmm. Louie that would make you a good one. You could put those rat props you got on it!!!!

racerx

Dave you need this 28 small diameter hoss I got its for a light boat and runs..No rats for my props..lol

DOUBLE J

There was a guy who lived in my city that had the exact color combination GS. He got in a wreck and sold it and turned around and ordered a identical one which his wife got in the divorce. I know who has the second one now but never did find out where the first one went.. Makes me go hmmm.... wondering if this was the wrecked one and that is why it is painted.

aeneas

What is wrong with it being in salt water?
I run my Allison mostly in salt water and I rinse/wash it after each run, same with the engine - rinsed with fresh water and sprayed with Quicksilver corrosion guard. I bet you wouldn't see that it has been used like that.

mtolley

Boat was bought locally to me. Was at the local lake over the weekend. I didn't look at at personally, but was told youd be hard pressed to find a repair. I will see it on friday as the powerhead is down on 2 cylinders, which the purchaser new when he bought it

Jon

Supporting Member
I didn't look at at personally, but was told youd be hard pressed to find a repair.
While that may be true, I can hide anything with a paint job :). Fixing and blending gel is a different beast completely.