The Sack O Cats is dead

GFinch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im5DszWi-yA

This is day two. Having problems with computers and battery's. Just taking short runs logging and down loading then Dave making adjustments. Found out with the logging, when cruising the throttle plates were only open up to 20% at 6,700. Only running on the first two rows of (tp)throttle position numbers. Also found a problem with the tp, it was causing the engine to go rich, Dave had to remake the mount.

GFinch

This is the last day of lake testing. Installed a big battery to compensate for the lack of alternator charging. The Throttle position sensor is now correct. Dave's cowl installed to see if there is a difference in mixture between the two. There is defiantly a large difference in intake noise. I'll have to find and install louvers on mine, but on the sides. Dave leaned it down in the mid and made the top three rows equal as the throttle bodies are too large by about 20%.
The people around were either impressed or as one person said "That red boat is obnoxious!"
Now I have to get used to driving it. It's been 16 months since I drove it last. In between I had changed the bottom and moved the engine up on the set back plate. Unknowingly I also had reset the set back plate so it now tucks the engine under more than before. When I was checking the engine height just after putting the power head and lower unit on I found that the neutral trim point indicated on the guage was quite a bit different. This bothered me during the lake testing as I didn't trust myself and didn't trust the guage. Now I know why.
I'll be going through the wiring and sort out the cowl so the alternator doesn't cut all the way through it.
Lots to do before it goes on the water again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywOB6z2_Qc4

R

Redding XB21

I think I saw the part where you put the racing stripe on:very happy:very happy

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Site 6, Havasu....Know the spot!

Yea, it looks like an AWWWFUL place to have a WAR, huh...:laughing

That baby screams yep I saw the part where the racing stripe was added! :LMAO:

GFinch

This is a copy of what was on S+F.

I've been having a lot of problems with my new Internet provider. Yesterday and so far today have been the only days without problems. So that is why the delay in posting this stuff.
Thanks to those that gave support to Dave during the trying times. Lending an ear and offering ideas.
Thank you David for "Fixing a few things" and ending up making me a work of art.

The "Sack O Cats" lives again!
__

Reply from Dave,
Gary you are so welcome. This was one of the funnest projects I have ever worked on and always had a dislike for that 3.3 block but now feel good about it. We will be replacing pistons as you know... those have a ton of 10000k time on them. The pins are probably going to fall out. Our new batch of 3.3 pistons have the latest updates and are going to be top pinned. We might want to try our new etech set up when we change pistons....
A big thanks to Wayne Taylor , Robert and lee for building us castings.

J

John Richied

This is a copy of what was on S+F.

I've been having a lot of problems with my new Internet provider. Yesterday and so far today have been the only days without problems. So that is why the delay in posting this stuff.
Thanks to those that gave support to Dave during the trying times. Lending an ear and offering ideas.
Thank you David for "Fixing a few things" and ending up making me a work of art.

The "Sack O Cats" lives again!
__

Reply from Dave,
Gary you are so welcome. This was one of the funnest projects I have ever worked on and always had a dislike for that 3.3 block but now feel good about it. We will be replacing pistons as you know... those have a ton of 10000k time on them. The pins are probably going to fall out. Our new batch of 3.3 pistons have the latest updates and are going to be top pinned. We might want to try our new etech set up when we change pistons....
A big thanks to Wayne Taylor , Robert and lee for building us castings.
UMMMMMMMMMMM... is it ready for the rally yet? :big grin

GFinch

Will not there yet butt making progress. Lets see before I did these clips I

1. Bled the air out of the steering. Had to make a piece to hold the ram.
2. Greased the steering shaft and trim piviot points.
3. Rewired the right trim switch so it now is only 24 volts up to where the limit switch cuts it off.
4. Modified the limit switch so it has a larger range of adjustment.

Thinking of putting a switch on the gas pedal and rig it to the 24 volt so as soon as the pedal goes WOT trim starts and I can concentrate on sawing the wheeel and hanging on for dear life.
Got to get a different cowl or modify the one I have for MORE AIR induction.
Wonder if anyone would think to look in a live well for a NO2 bottle? :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puvmY6apo2U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpTyamf5rgE

J

John Richied

Gary I just watched both the videos and I still aint scared… LOL :big grin

Looks SWEET and FAST! When you get it to look FAST and SWEET I’ll start worrying. :razz

Wonder if anyone would think to look in a live well for a NO2 bottle? :rolleyes:
A guy already did that years ago… use to go by Crappie Racer!

GFinch

I wan't to trash talk sooo bad but I don't even know if mine will even float yet.

Bring it anyway we'll all help you work on it in the parking lot. I've got a transom mount trolling motor and a bunch of batteries, you'll be a shoe in to beat Gene.

GFinch

Drove to Oakhurst and back yesterday, picked up some goodies. UPS should drop off some more stuff this week.
So many things to do, so little time.

J

John Richied

Drove to Oakhurst and back yesterday, picked up some goodies. UPS should drop off some more stuff this week.
So many things to do, so little time.
What the <<< B E E E E E E E E P >>> is this suppose to mean… Speak English! Please :big grin

West Coast Bull

John
Oakhurst is a small town in central California know for very fast boats and all the stuff to make them go fast . And very cheep woman, a lot of old men with to much money but don't like to spend it hang out there. Oh and the have a Rodeo there once a year :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

J

John Richied

Thanks for the explanation Mike, now I understand. :very happy

GFinch

Oakhurst is the gate way to Yosemite. Next door to Bass Lake. Picked up some props, an Avenger 3 set for pyros, test wheel, four coils. Spent most of today putting stuff on.
Less than a month now, WAR10!