The new 21'er 2seat Tourney boat...

RedAllison

YEP it was BAD BAD BAD and is everything you would expect from Darris. He had three there, two single consoles and one dual console. This is what Darris showed me about them:

An "economy" package will be offered on the 21 BasSport Pro's with a 175 OptiMax that he has running 78GPS (this boat was one featured at his tent at the expo) and it has less "touches" like normal fishing chairs instead of the fiberglass bucket seats we are accustomed too in the cockpit. (That speed was with the standard TorqueMaster gearcase and obviously the lower rev limit of the standard Opti) The dual console was only finished cosmetically and didn't have finished guts or a glovebox in the passenger console so it was locked up and just for looking at. The weight he quoted was 1300-1350ish and at most the dual console would be 20-25#s more than the single console.

The front deck layout is similar too the 21 BasSport but obviously is longer by a couple of feet. The outermost storage boxes like found on the BasSport are now full rod lockers on the BasSport Pro. The centerbox is long enough for a 9 or 10' pushpole as it is open too the bow, but the box has been modified to hold two trolling motor batteries in the lower rearmost section with a neat slideover cover that protects equipment from the batteries. The design was arrived at as a result of moving the seats too the back most position like the backseat of the other 21s would have. (That countersunk, fitted, battery area is large enough to take two 31 series batteries btw!) Darris said he thought mid 80 speeds would be realized with a 200XS (his 21 SUB demo was there as well and he has it running 89GPS with a 200XS and modified Trophy prop and worked SportMaster!). He said orders are being taken for the single console within the next couple of weeks and the duals would follow sometime around the middle too end of July.

He changed up the topside rod trays and tubes like found on the other 21s. The new Sport features them on the passenger side but gone is the one on the drivers side as we know it and it has been replaced with one that faces forward and has a single tube large enough to hold 2-3 rods for the front fisherman. The driverside rodlocker features 3 different rod holding systems, the top most is a quick system that allows one to get the rods off the deck yet still be quickly accessed. The consoles and seat width area is larger than the other 21s because the boat is wider back there so there was more room available. The windshield of the new Sport Pro is larger and has more protection than the BasSport. The consoles are fixed so the fusepanel was moved too the rear compartment behind the driver. I believe I also heard all 21s now feature a larger, 36 gallon fuel tank. Darris told me he has been averaging in the mid 7s per gallon (by the very accurate Smartcraft gauge) on the 21 single console with the 175 Opti. How awesome is that? A 175 powered, nearly 80mph 1300# 21+ ftr that gets nearly 3 times what similar sized and performing rigs would get with their 250s and 300s!!!

He isn't happy about the idea of 3.0 motors on the new boat because of the way it sits down and take off with the large motor while the occupants being so far back and the batteries now having to be located up front. But their performance will remain to be seen. I KNOW that like most other 21s, they will be equipped with 250XSs and maybe a few 300Xs by most owners.

Pics to follow,
RA

Jessie

New Boat

Please post some pictures as soon as possible. Hey RA, how about a sketch of the new boats layout, nothing fancy just a drawing on the back of a paper towel lol

quikandfst

I ALSO GOT TO LOOK AT THE NEW BOAT UP CLOSE. IT IS SET UP PERFECT FOR THE SERIOUS FISHERMAN.NO WASTED SPACE WITH EASY ACCESS TO ALL COMPARTMENTS.THE BIG PLUS IS AFTER YOU STAND UP FROM DRIVING YOU ARE ONE STEP AWAY FROM THE FRONT DECK. WHICH I'LL ADD IS HUGE!
I NOW HAVE A 2005 PROSPORT BUT AS SOON AS IT SELLS I'LL HAVE ONE OF THOSE NEW BASS BOATS. THE WINDSHIELD IS NICE AND THE ABILITY TO TAKE 4 PEOPLE (FOR FAMILY) IS GREAT BUT TO PRIMARILY FISH THE NEW BOAT IS AWESOME. THE 2005 PROSPOTR ELITE/ MERC 300X IS FOR SELL ON THE ALLISON BOATS FOR SELL FORUM.

[/b]

Yellowallison

YO RED.......

I been thinkin..

that -----

it woudn't take much...... and I sell my Young and get me a new YELLAR 21 dual console... Hang my 300X on it and have Scott at Amertrail build me an Aluminum trailer for it.....

Yu feeling my Drift ......... think that be sweet!~

Man those new 21's look ed good and driving dads boat gotz me thinkin....

Man I wish yu had drove dads with the 28 4- blade.... Me and David Lanthan had a blast at Watts Bar airing it out.. till we hit an Tenn Manatee and that ended our fun...

Yu needzzz Yu a new 21!! === JUst tell Grand-Mama REd yu needzz it for her Grandchildren... :p :p :p

BALD ALLISON

21 SINGLE CONSOLE

I TALKED WITH DARRIS THIS MORNING AND HE HAD TO RUSH OFF THE PHONE TO GET BACK TO THE PHOTO SHOOT OF THE NEW 21. HE ALSO SAID THEY WERE DOING SOME ON THE WATER PHOTOS TODAY. SHOULD SEE SOMETHING SOON. :p

RedAllison

Was the dual console out on the water as well? The lids were all locked Saturday and Darris told me it wasn't finished inside and the topcap was only screwed onto the hull. He ran out of time before the rally and couldn't finish the dual console (I cant remember but seems like a supplier delay is why the passenger side console wasnt complete with the glovebox etc...)

They certainly are the "21' Allison" of the tournament boat world now! :wink:
RA

Chad Phillips

It was the one that had the 175 Optimax on it, the single I believe. Came out from their ramp behind the plant, and about 2 mins later a XB21 prosport loaded with people was behind them.