The drama continues....

bassracr

You can always take a screwdriver to connect the 2 posts on the solenoid ...if it starts cranking you can rule out the starter being bad. And likely need a solenoid, you can do this alone too..

I/O to O/B

So, there seems to be voltage getting through from battery cable to top post on solenoid and then to bottom post of solenoid and then over to the starter from the bottom post. I measured by keeping one pen point on the positive end of the battery cable where it attaches to the top post of the solenoid and then touching the other pen to the various other spots.

So, I took the second post out of the equation and connected the starter directly to the top post, thereby, I think, eliminating the solenoid. Same result when I turn the key, just a click. Did I test this right? Must be a dead starter??

I/O to O/B

Don't tell me Kim Jong - Guy finally launched his arsenal of Mattel water rockets at you guys. Anyone still alive down there?

bassracr

If you jumped the posts at the solenoid therefore bypassing it ..it would have clicked or cranked without turning the key.. So I would say if you had to turn the key to engage the starter you did not bypass the solenoid with your test to rule out the solenoid . I know there are other ways to check but That's my hillbilly way of checking