The best thing about Allison boats is.....

GotMyAlly

The best thing about Allison boats has got to be the owners. This morning I was on the side of the road with a blow out and digging through my tool box. Up pulls another Allison beside me. Mike West, an Allison owner that I had never met before, jumps out with a jack and a tool bag and helped me get the tire swapped and the fender bent back. I had a jack, but that floor jack sure made the swap a lot easier than the crappy ol' factory jack. In less than 10 minutes, we were back on the road and headed to the ramp.

Attachments

GotMyAlly

Awesome deal there GMA. How was fishin?
Sucked. I've had slow days before, but this whole winter has been a slow SEASON for me. And the most frustrating part is looking at the local tourney results. I don't mind not catching fish when it's slow for everybody, but it just aggravates the snot out of me when everybody BUT me is catchin' 'em! LOL.

xb03

I carry a 4x6 cut on an angle, place it under the rear tire and back up on it. No need for a jack.

K.Kiser

The last 2 of three trips I fished for several hours be it crappie and bass without a single bite... Didn't know I could drop shiners beside cypress trees on one day and drop maribou's beside boat docks for 4 hours each day and not get a single bump, just unreal...

Went for the third day yesterday on a different body of water and dropped the boat in about 9:30 in the morning and again not a bite till about 1:00 pm or later, then caught 23 bass up to just under 5 lbs by 5:00 pm where they again shut off... To boot every one of those bass but 1-2 were on a strecth of bankline less maybe 250 yards long.. It's like they're all piled up in a ball, just hit or miss...

Back to the topic, that awesome with the good samaritan deal and even better he knows what a good boat is.. Makes the day go better when you get some needed help, or are able to help someone else out who woulda done it for you if need be...

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mike is a good guy. Has Ocktane's old XTB which is my old XTB. And he has a Trans Am, so you know he's got good taste! :big grin

bec

That's cool having another a owner to help ya out:cool. Just put new tires on mine:big grin be CAREFUL out there.

David Shook

My favorite thing about being an A- boat owner has been being around other hypothetical performance boats and watch them turn their heads like they didn't see you, it's like don't look and let's get the hell outa here , or if we don't look maybe they'll go away. That is what I call respect!!!!!!
Shook

Texan

I had a flat on my truck last year picking timber up. The farmer had a floor jack which made things easier. We got the logs loaded on the trailer and I headed back. I didn't know it when we were loading the logs that a big knot on one of the logs rolled into the inside fender and bent it out to the point where it was rubbing on one of the right side tires. As I left, the tire started smoking where it was rubbing. I turned around and went back to the farmers place, moved the logs around and beat the fender back out with a sledge hammer. Problem solved, but I was sweating bb's all the way back into town.

Pass on the kindness, Neal. Not many would have been so lucky to have you're luck today.