Storing spare props on boat

JWolff

What do you guys put your spare prop in while storing in the boat? I had a nice little plastic doughnut case that holds the smaller props that I used on my old boat but these bigger props are not fitting. Want protection since the prop is in with the anchor acting as ballast in the port rear storage and run some nasty stuff on the Columbia river.

ROBERT CROSS

I have our 'spare' bolted down in what I think is meant to be an anchor storage tray,(under the center rear seat), in our GS.
Bottom of the bin is reinforced with a circle 1/2" plywood.

Bob

DSC00076.JPG

GotMyAlly

Those bags work great for fishing props, but I've ruined a couple by putting props in there with sharp tips. It'll cut right through. If the barrel is long enough that the weight rests on the bore, it's not an issue. I think I ruined mine putting over hub props in there, where the weight rested on the tips of the blades.

Allyfishing

That is correct Neal. I have corobuff ( not sure if that's how its spelled) that the beer reps use to make up signs. it looks just like cardboard honeycombed inside but its more of a plastic. I cut it to fit inside the bottom of the bag, fold it and then stuff it in.

flying07

Has anyone found any hard cases for storing them?