Stock 225 promax won't go past 6000 rpm

ROBERT CROSS

Had a bad coil on our PM also.....BUT it wouldn't even get on plane.
Seems on ours, when one coil fails the ECU shuts down whichever one is paired with it. One bad= two dead cylinders.

allisonjr

I did rebuild the pulse pump it didn't really change anything. Still acts like it's hitting a wall unfortunately

Larry33kc

When mine went out, it was idling fine would get on plane just not as fast, and was still running a decent speed. That's why it took me so long to diagnose the problem. I couldn't beloved I had a coil out I checked everthing fuel related, even the ECM. Took one of those cheap spark checkers that goes inline of the plug wire and bam there it was. Bad coil

allisonjr

I haven't went through the fuel lines on the engine yet and have not checked my coils. I did notice when I changed the spark plugs that the cylinders in the middle of the block didn't burn the plugs as well as the rest of them.

90 5.0

I had a PM do that once and I tried and replaced everything I could think of but not the obvious first thing, the throttle cable had stretched over time and I was only getting part throttle, everything else felt fine but it was stuck @ 6k and 78 mph LOL