Stay away from maxxis tires

Jr in Jax

I have had Chinese Marathons and Carlyles delaminate on 3 of 3 tires [spare too] and all blow within 400 miles of each other. My tire guy says a lot of the overloaded lawn service trailers run the Maxxis ST tires so I pulled all of my others off and went to the Maxxis. All of the Chinese tires are junk no matter what brand name is on them.

Xanax1961

I have had Chinese Marathons and Carlyles delaminate on 3 of 3 tires [spare too] and all blow within 400 miles of each other. My tire guy says a lot of the overloaded lawn service trailers run the Maxxis ST tires so I pulled all of my others off and went to the Maxxis. All of the Chinese tires are junk no matter what brand name is on them.
Jr, A local tire shop owner told me years ago that 8 yrs from stamp on tires change them and at 10ish yrs your running on borrowed time ;)

G Allen

So far so good on my Carlisles...single axle trailer. At least the stamps aren't 10 years old like my Marathons were when I got my XTB last fall. Operator error caused the blowout on the way to WAR 2019. Corner curb hit was too much at the motel... Couple hun later she blew and mangled my trailer fender. No matter what am getting a triple A card next spring...

Xanax1961

So far so good on my Carlisles...single axle trailer. At least the stamps aren't 10 years old like my Marathons were when I got my XTB last fall. Operator error caused the blowout on the way to WAR 2019. Corner curb hit was too much at the motel... Couple hun later she blew and mangled my trailer fender. No matter what am getting a triple A card next spring...
AAA is your friend G Allen

Jr in Jax

I just had one of the Maxxis tires separate on the way back from the Suwannee last Tuesday. My tire guy told me to buy two American made Goodyears that have a 10 ply rating. [$110 each].

Xanax1961

I just had one of the Maxxis tires separate on the way back from the Suwannee last Tuesday. My tire guy told me to buy two American made Goodyears that have a 10 ply rating. [$110 each].
Jr, I used to run Marathons on a triple axle trailer with a 30 ft searay all over the state of Florida, NEVER a complaint

G Allen

The 10 ply rating is key...thatis what the tow truck operator told me...10 ply. My Carlisles are rated load range D, 81mph. Not quite up to that standard...