Starlite

RBT

I am looking at ordering a new XR Allison, what is the starlite color?

Thanks

RT

K.Kiser

I think Starlight is pretty much one of the 1.13 trillion different shades of white... It should look just as good as the rest of'em though, hard to go wrong...

RBT

I am looking into an XR2002....... NEW

Bare shell from Darris, all white.. I kinda want to see if there is a pearl white. Not sure if center steer or sideslide. It will have string steering and race fairing. Nothing else.
12" merc, Powerhead by Power Performance Engineering will ALL his tricks (or at least the ones he will let out of the bat cave).
Working on Motec M600/cdi8 setup for it.
Have 3 Steckbauer XR cases ready for it.

Sound like fun?.... oh and I have never driven one with more than a 260

RBT

not allowed a tunnel boat, or a xr2001........ so this makes sense

Mr. Scary

I don't know what Starlite is, but the Pearl was an offwhite that didn't have any "sparkle" to it. It's a nice off white, but isn't necessarily pearlescent. Starlite (based on the sound of it) might have a little bit of pearlescence to it....that would rule. If they could make it like the Cadillac Escalade with that sparkle and sheen to it...that would kick all forms of a$$. Oh, and welcome to the dark side Rob.

RedAllison

I wanna say "Starlite" is one of the main hull color options besides white and mica mist (tan). I think Starlite is the very light gray (looks white or off white at a distance). If you are going to color/trim the boat with grays, blacks, blues etc... it is a REALLY good color for such!

MAN I hope you order a new XR02, I don't think one has been built since the mid 90s? :cool
RA

Sorry Sam, we were posting at the same time. I've never seen a true pearl color, I think Darris considers those right there alongside metal flake. BUT I've heard rumor of a one time, he was in a good mood, SS2000 in true pearl that he built for someone in Japan. BUT I can't verify that. I'd DAMN SURE be hard pressed to turn down an XB21 in "Cadillac Pearl" with tan and gold trim. WOW move over you mere wannabe bassturds, PIMPDADDY cometh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Larry D

not allowed a tunnel boat, or a xr2001........ so this makes sense
Rob, your going to love that boat. wish i never got rid of mine. i had a 300 drag mod buy Robrie Racing. it would run 116 with a drag set up. mine was center steering. my wife liked the seating like that cause she could read her book without the wind hitting her. also could slap me behind the head when i acted foolish. later Larry D

patches

I agree with Larry, you'll love the boat. I know it would be top notch like the rest of your stuff. I'm curious what mods/changes Darris has made to the mold since the last one came out. He should be able to build an XR2002 that will easily get down to 500 or just under and still be strong enough to lake/river ride. Hell, tell Ro to get up there and get started on a carbon 2002

RBT

Starlite is a base color on the order sheet.

A buddy had a 2002 with a 2.4EFI on it way back, it was the first real fast Vee I drove. Always had a thing for them. I grew up watching Owen Boris test his kilo and roundy round boats as he is just up the lake from me.
500 lbs is the target weight, no more.

RT

ziemer

He should be able to build an XR2002 that will easily get down to 500 or just under and still be strong enough to lake/river ride.
I know when Tim here in town had his XR blueprinted last year, Darris claimed the new ones would be in the 600-650 range....so you might want to confirm before you order.

Tim was a little surprised since his and Tyners are much lighter than that. :beer:

RBT

I know when Tim here in town had his XR blueprinted last year, Darris claimed the new ones would be in the 600-650 range....so you might want to confirm before you order.

Tim was a little surprised since his and Tyners are much lighter than that. :beer:
And that folks would be a deal breaker.

patches

I'd be willing to bet Darris would build what you want within reason. I'd weighed my new to me 2002 the other day at 535-540. Materials have gotten better since the 80's so 500 should be easy. He builds drag boats lighter than that. I hope you do it Rob

RBT

not looking good on them building any at all

Rusrog

One would think that in this economy, ANY new boat sale would be worth it to them.

Russ

jay j

hey ziemer, not getting off topic but what did tim's weigh? just curious . later jay