SS2000R and stock sportmaster

propmanjay

Im running a stock sporty on my SS2000R and was fat dumb and happy untill I read some of the posts. I am running a stock 260 SS racing with a 28 re 4 mazco bumping the rev at 8000 rpm 103 on gps. It feels great no signs of blow out. I am installing a nitrox stinger 2 NOS system on it and loosing the rev. I had planned on playing with it to see where I could get it on the big side bit I must say im a little concerned now. I would like to hear some of your experiences and ideas on the upper limits of my case. I have run vees sence the late 70's this is my first ally it rocks and so do you guys thanks. :D

Jay

J

John Richied

My thoughts are the stock 260 will part very soon past 8000 Rpm’s on NOS and you won’t have to worry about how the gearcase runs… I hope I’m wrong.

I would think your Sportmaster having the old style Bakers mods done or the Sanderson mods would be a good idea.

My Sportmaster has the Sanderson style mods, but I can’t comment in handling or blow out much past the century mark just yet; however 0-100 mph she handles like a dream!

A lot of guys on this site swear by a stock Sportmaster and some of them run 105-107.

TODD2002

Before you go all the way and put the jug on it I would try some of the not so harmfull modifications. For instance try some different props and or gearcases. 103 is just getting started with the ss2000 260 combo. Computer mods would also be something to look into. Wouldn't like to see another 260 with windows without glass.

Yellowallison

something aint right somewhere if a SS with a 260 is only running 103.. :wink: :wink:

Yu need to look around more and come back with some more questions and see if we can help you!!

cuz a good 260 on a SS will run 110-115 :p ....

Tray Archer

i had a 300 drag on mine and the sportmaster was modified with the allison torque tab, ske cut like a xr6 and the nose was blunted just a little and i drove it 115 with no problems or any thing weird happening ....just dont chop the gas going that fast...or you may be the next squril chaser
Tray

J

John Richied

Guys.., the Super Sport has more for sure, I think you missed the part where Jay said, “I have run vees since the late 70's, this is my first ally it rocks and so do you guys thanks!”

He basically ran 103 on the gps his first month out… I think Gary has “it” going on!

Will the Super Sport run faster… HELL YEAH and I believe Gary will make it do that on the topend and a lot quicker in the

propmanjay

SS2000R WITH STOCK SPORTMASTER

Hi John,
Thanks for the kind words. To date I have yet to run a tank of fuel through my ally. I have about 10 gallons left in my 24 gallon tank.Who says it never rains in california lol! As far as props I know I have alot of work to do ther. I fill that the only way to give a prop a fare shot is to let it run up. I still havent even gave my mazco a fare try not to mention a quarter mile prop. Thats why my ecu is lossing the rev. First run I had to much set back and also told myself I wouldnt run it over 95 and only for a couple of passes. I have a tendency to get too comforable. The second time out I had the set back 2" closer and loved it.With my son in the boat I planed to run it up to 100 but passed it to quick went 102. Nest time out it was windy had to work alittle bumpped the rev 103 to 104. I just dont want to get hurt or worse yet make a bat turn into one of my fellow hot rodders. That was the reasen for this post thanks to all who have replyed.

Jay :)

J

John Richied

Jay, with 14 gallons through your boat, that’s not much seat time and I applaud the speeds you have been to your first times out in an Allison. Not may if any can say their first time out in an Ally the broke the 100-mile per hour mark.

Now the part where you are installing NOS already… I think your frickin’ NUTS! But hey, that’s one more reason I like you and you will fit right in with us crazies at the Rally.

Hell, I am almost scared to line up with you in a drag race...but I will :wink:

Is it May yet! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

propmanjay

Skeg

Hey John,

From the looks of the skeg you had on one of the posts with the cracks in it , I would not want to line up next t o you either .LOL !!!!!! Maybe we will both turn around at the same time . I have dibs on the left side .

badbait

Jay, I'm planning on being at the Oroville Afterbay tomorrow at 10:30 AM. It's probably about 2 hours and 20 minutes from you. Let me know if you can make it. My cell number is (530) 321-4141. I would be happy to give you a hand if you would like some help on setup. Just give me a call and we can arrange a time to get together. Personally, I wouldn't add the bottle until the setup right.

J

John Richied

(edit) Jay, you can line up on any side you would like…just as long as I am on your portside when you hit the spray! :p :p :p

Bait use to run a SuperSport comp pro (Very light) with a stock 280, it was pretty fast! He can help you out a bunch… listen to him.

Randy is going to be there too and he may have some tips for you, just as soon as he’s done setting my Merc/GPI to KILL… :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Don’t think it’s an easy win against a bassboat Darris built, I will make you work for it.

Is there a better way to have fun... I think not! :wink:

propmanjay

scared

Jhon, I have no doubt that running with you wont be easy. You have had the boat a while and are setting it up with some big power. Ill do my best with my big oll family boat. I spent most of my play money on the rig and will have to skimp by with my little 260 for this year. As far as the spray I plan on working on my set up alittle fisrt but its nice to have it in reserve. I should receive my chip for the ecu on wednesday. If I was scared id stay home. :wink: I will take all the advice I can get and look forword to picking Randy and Bills brain.

Jay or Gary whatever you want to call me LOL! :lol:

J

John Richied

Sorry about calling you Gary… Jay I know you will be lined up and ready to run… after you smoke me I will get your name right… LOL

Do you happen to know any Judist Priest tunes…. You got another thing comin’!

Hit the spray out of the hole, or you might not get to see the back of my cowling again…. hehhehe

I have talked to Goodman on the phone too, and I am not doing it no matter how good it sounds. Its kinda like a hot babe, you know you want to hit it…. You’re just afraid of the consequences.

It’s your call…XB- fishin boat against a SS Sport boat will be fun!

Waterdigger

Jay dat ugly old ss you got want never be fast/quick :!: :lol:

Yo ss iz still think'in itz got a Omseize hang'in on da back! :(

Jay I'm sure you know there's no substitute for experience, these
guys on the Allison board have alot of knowledge and I'm sure they
will be glad to help!

Be careful, have fun... seat time...seat time... seat time :!:

mike :D

J

John Richied

Mike, don’t worry. At the rally we are going to take good care of Gary, I mean Jay and I’m sure he is going to have a GREAT TIME!
Heck I bet we even learn some from him with all of his years of owning high-performance boats.

Cinch on the lifeline tight, this is going to be fun! :wink: Oh yeah one last thing… You did pipe the NOS into the driver’s helmet… right? :p :p :p

propmanjay

SS

Hey Mike, Im real glad to hear from you Deb & I were scared you might have done somthing silly after seeing that fancy cowl on your boat. :) I have been getting alot of seat time the only problem is its been in my garage. :cry: We got 4" of water in the house on new years boy what a mess. Its been rain rain rain ...... The ugly SS knew it didnt have the omseise on da back when it jumped out of da water the first time with black on back. :twisted: Put out some pics when you can I would like to see it all rigged.

Gary or was it Jay anyway good to here from you :p