Sportmaster repair

Carl pastore

03 250XS with sportmaster LU
Took LU in for service for water in gearcase. Wanted new seals and inspection of bearings. Inspection showed drive shaft seal cut a groove in the shaft along with some damage to forward gear. After looking up new drive shaft found that Mercury is not making this driveshaft any longer. Part # 848831
Very discouraged !!
They have a repair sleeve to go over the seal area. Anyone have any experience with this ?

22R

My 2.5 Sport master was repaired years ago with either a sleeve or spray weld by a machinist. It has never leaked again. I think it is kind of a thing on our lowers.

22R

Carl pastore

03 250XS with sportmaster LU
Took LU in for service for water in gearcase. Wanted new seals and inspection of bearings. Inspection showed drive shaft seal cut a groove in the shaft along with some damage to forward gear. After looking up new drive shaft found that Mercury is not making this driveshaft any longer. Part # 848831
Very discouraged !!
They have a repair sleeve to go over the seal area. Anyone have any experience with this ?
Update - after waiting 4 months for all the correct parts to show up from Merc , finaly got my repaired LU back. Replaced pinion and drive gear due to some damage. Dealer ordered gear ratio stamped on LU. That was wrong , had to re order gear set again ( b/o of course ) hope get it on the water this weekend.

Bill Mason

Man that is nuts. Good thing it was winter. Good luck with it now. Have fun be safe