Sportmaster Prop Shaft Seals

BigRedAlli

I've already ordered and received the 2 seals per my serial #, but I swear they look like their for a fat shaft. Was hoping somebody knew the correct part# before I went through the trouble of removing the prop and thrust washer.
Last being lazy... lol

Last edited:

h2oskiier30

It's the same seal for both small and fat shaft on a sporty. Both are 1.25" at the seal, just the small shaft tapers to 1" while the fat shaft remains 1.25" until the threads.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
26-815565 SEAL, Oil 2 required I know for a fact these work for a small shaft sporty. I just changed mine 3 weeks ago. Also if you call Lee at Sanderson Marine he will send you the right ones.

BigRedAlli

Good deal, that's the one's I have. I haven't changed them in 7 or 8 years and they are looking a little rough. Got the shift shaft seal, new base, impeller, o-rings, gaskets and a speedy sleeve just in case.
Thanks guys!!!

mxzx

Quick question, Do you just carefully remove the 2 seals and replace or do you have to remove the whole bearing carrier with a special tool? The propshaft seal on my sporty is shot also and needs to be replaced.
Thanks.

Last edited:

h2oskiier30

Stupid question #8: If fat shaft doesn't reduce diameter, that is, no bevel--what keeps prop from moving forward without using old thust washers?
The threads of the propshaft on a fatshaft are the same size as the theads on a standard shaft. The back hole of the propeller is just large enough to fit over the threads, and tightens up against the "shelf", where the threads begin. A pic of a fatshaft will probably make this explanation clearer....