Southern Minnesota Boat Drags July 29th

Barefoot Bob

Just letting those who may be interested and havent heard about it. Whole weekend of fun starting Friday night and ending Sunday. Drags are from noon till 5:00 on Saturday with classes from lake racer I all the way to Pro Gas Outboard. We had a great time last year with just under 30 boats entered. This year will be bigger and better thanks to our sponsors donating door prizes from Allison, Hydrostream, Wizards Polish and Advanced Auto.

Hope to see you all here, Bob

B

BP

Going to try and do some travelling w/the Ally this year, sounds like a good time.
Hope to make it :D

wally II

Was a great event last year. As a novice racer I can say that it was a great learning experience and I look forward to being there for more fun in 2006.

Bob, just curious, how many boaters signed on as members of the UMPBA? Also, any rooms still left at any of the motels for the event?
Later, Mike

Barefoot Bob

Super 8 and Microtel have a few along with Holiday inn. But the cheepest way to go is Buget Holiday 507-354-4145 only $38.00 a night for the boat racers.

And we will do the Barefoot run before the race this year

John S

Im there Bob, I would like to find where everyone is stayin, so I can reserve a spot. Is anyone camping? If its the same spot we went last fall, that would be a great spot to hang. This is gonna be a blast!

Barefoot Bob

There will be a few guys camping and they do have showers and such at the camp ground so its not a bad deal, the camping is real cheep.

I am going to have a get together with registration at my place Friday evening.

Barefoot Bob

BP said:
Is there a pool or a pond? :lol:
If your refering to the Camp ground, you are right off the lake. If you are refering to the cheepy motel there is no pool or pond. If you are refering to my place you can jump in the dirty Minnesota River right in front of my house...LOL :lol:

B

BP

John's question about a campground vs. hotel, made me think of the scene between Bill Murray and Chevy Chase in Caddyshack :lol: :lol:

Barefoot Bob

Just 3 weeks to go

Registration will be at my place from 7pm to 9pm. We will have free Happy Joes Pizza on hand with 1919 root beer on tap fresh from our brewery.

We also have some real nice door prizes from Allison and Mercury Racing to all registerd racers.

Looking for a whole weekend of fun.

Scott in MN

Bob, can you post a link to sign up with with the UMPBA or do I need to contact you personally...Thanks, Scott

Barefoot Bob

Just send me an email and I can send you a form barefootbob@myclearwave.net

New members are $25 and renewal is $50.00. That will help cover the cost to put together the chrismas tree.
If you are going to be at my place, you can join the Upper Midwest Powerboat Association and register for the race all at that time. It will be $40.00 to race.

Barefoot Bob

Here is who we have confermed that are going to be here. If you are planning on running a different number this year let me know.
Barefoot Bob #17
J Ferrell #3
John Stodola #4
Charles Arneson #33
Gary Palmer #69
Mike Waldera #24
Dave Hanle #26
Jeff Linsey #44
Mike Kempf #34
Jason Huber #?
Jim Keiper #11
Gordon Blackey #?
T Man #?
Robert Meyer #?
Travis Wieland #?
Scott (Scooter) #?
Dave Kammer #4

B

BP

Hey BFB,still going to try and make the event, but have one question.

Is GPI involved with it in any capacity??

I have a shiny new Yamaha Drag that needs breaking in ( you reading this John S.?) :lol: :lol:

Barefoot Bob

BP said:
Hey BFB,still going to try and make the event, but have one question.

Is GPI involved with it in any capacity??

I have a shiny new Yamaha Drag that needs breaking in ( you reading this John S.?) :lol: :lol:
NO!!!!!!! GPI is no way involved nore will probably ever be in the future. Randy and myself are not seeing eye to eye.

We would love to have you and all your friends at the race. Going to be a great weekend