southern california allisons?

pcrussell50

i cover pretty much all of it, since i live in santa barbara, and am from san diego, where i visit often. also, we go fresh water boating on the colorado river near needles, ca in between lakes havasu and mohave. so we can go to either lake.

curious to see who out there has an allison, as i've NEVER seen one out here.

-peter

GFinch

I was at Havazoo all last week and early this week. Talked to a guy in a Triton that said he used to have a XB2003 and knew of someone there that had the new Allison. There are a couple at Mead. I live in Atascadero which is near San Luis Obispo and have an XB2003.

pcrussell50

I was at Havazoo all last week and early this week. Talked to a guy in a Triton that said he used to have a XB2003 and knew of someone there that had the new Allison. There are a couple at Mead. I live in Atascadero which is near San Luis Obispo and have an XB2003.
do you pass through santa barbara on the way out to the river? i'm trying to grease up the wife a little and seeing a nice allison might help things along. or maybe we could meet at topock or something. we could boat down from needles and you could head up from have-a-screw?

not sure when we're heading back out there right now, but we usually go every other month in the winter. a lot more in the summer.

-peter

pcrussell50

I live in Santa Clarita and own an XB21 ProSport. Locally I fish Castaic/Pyramid - otherwise Delta/Mead

Craig
do you know of mike folkestad? he's my father-in-law. i guess he's a pretty big deal in west coast bass fishing.

he taught my wife how to back a trailer into the launch ramp, way back before she even had a driver's license. now she does the same thing for me:very happy

i owe him one of these :beer:

-peter

Last edited:

robert

I think here are five Allisons on Lake Mead; mine a XB21 Prosport, Mike Alexander's, an XB21 bassport pro, and Mike's brother, another XB21, a Gransport with a 280, and one other, it had the fairing on the back and looked like it could really fly.

It is surprising there aren't more now as Allisons are now so fisherman friendly and out perform all the other bassboats.

Robert

XB21er

Peter,

Oh yes I know of Mike Folkstead. He is definitely one of the top names in West Coast bass fishing. That's very cool.