Southern anglers

MWest77

Ok guys. All winter long, I've heard several folks say to "stock up" on different baits in preparation for the spawns. Never being one the have "worn the bass out", what are some essential baits for lakes like Pickwick Lake and other southern lakes this time of year?

xb03

If you want to catch lots bass you need to be where I'm not lol.

Deason

I can't get a bite and I've tried everything they say works on youtube.....LMAO :LMAO:

suicidealli

I will tell you something I learned a long time ago...
If You fish with the best lure ever made in water with no fish, or the worse lure ever made in water that is loaded with fish, which would you pick????

Locate the fish then catch them.....lol

Roy

SmallJaw

Until the A-rig came along, a smoke colored grub fished along mussel beds and long tapering pea gravel was the ticket. Now till the water warms up into the high 60's or low 70's, the A-rig will rule in most boats that have a big bag of fish. Sorry for busting up the string of helpful hints!:razz:razz:razz

MWest77

Until the A-rig came along, a smoke colored grub fished along mussel beds and long tapering pea gravel was the ticket. Now till the water warms up into the high 60's or low 70's, the A-rig will rule in most boats that have a big bag of fish. Sorry for busting up the string of helpful hints!:razz:razz:razz
Thanks! I got a new A-rig I'm going to try next week. It has a spinner on each arm.:gone fishing

Deason

What ya using on the A-rig and gettin the most success out of? Thanks for the help now with your help and If I can find that 10% of lake there in maybe I can catch a few :LMAO: