Sound system via iPhone

bassracr

I was looking at the secret audio systems for my old car to keep the factory dash look and everything hidden.. I ran across this setup and will be going this route. It would obviously work as well in a boat. Thought i would share incase someone here was interested .I am going to use subs and 4 speakers instead of one like the link..you get the idea.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=11082

GotMyAlly

I did the same on my last two boats, only difference being that I used a cable with a headphone jack instead of an iPod cable. That let me use a variety if input sources and you can control the volume with the player.

ziemer

Yep. I did the smae on my pontoon, and I built a self-contained speaker box for the Allison. It's 2 speakers, a sub, a 4-channel amp, a fire alarm battery and 2 RCA inputs for my phone or Ipod. Works great and won't drain the starting battery.

Iowafshr

Ziemer do you have any pictures of your setup? I'm considering doing something similar for mine.

john4utvols

I have a 10" sub and 2 6x9 in my boat and a 4 channel amp. right now I'm running it with my I-phone, but I'm not able to control my volume or sub like I want, so I'm thinking about trying an EQ to help with this issue.

bassracr

I have a 10" sub and 2 6x9 in my boat and a 4 channel amp. right now I'm running it with my I-phone, but I'm not able to control my volume or sub like I want, so I'm thinking about trying an EQ to help with this issue.
The PAC LC 1. Mentioned in the link resolves this for 12.00. I ordered one online and plan on using one for a volume control

ziemer

Do you plug into the headphone jack? Mine will control volume, but I run it thru the headphone jack on both my I-phone and my Droid.

GotMyAlly

And in my 03 (that box came from wal-mart, was $20 with a couple of crappy speakers in it that I just tossed)....

bassracr

Do you plug into the headphone jack? Mine will control volume, but I run it thru the headphone jack on both my I-phone and my Droid.
Anytime the plug on the bottom is used the volume control on the iPhone or iPod no longer works. The advantage is a cleaner signal and with the plug I will be using will keep the player charged also .

It also has the headphone jack as well.
Below is the unit I will be using for the volume control as mentioned in the original link