Sound off

jimbob88

Keep us posted how folks are doing in the hurricane. I know phil (bald allison), is expecting high winds & shut down their work for a couple days. Hoping for the best.

mdevrow

Looks like some high water and flooding along the Gulf and Back Bay so far which most were ready for,This Storm could have been a different animal??

B HEBERT

I'm in Thibodaux and it's not too bad. The eye is over Houma and moving slowly northwest. Winds about 60 and moderate rain. The city facebook page has a photo of a daiquiri shop. The front wall blew off.

BALD ALLISON

Hey guys, it's raining steady but not terrible here. winds are around 40 to 50 mph and limbs are all over the yard. So far so good. Thanks for asking, I'll post when I can.

Thanks

Phil and family

procomp

Pretty sure my Dad's place in NO is going to take in water from overland flooding. It was getting pretty close to the house earlier today. Haven't heard anything lately but I know its still coming down big time.

BALD ALLISON

News people saying 20" of rain to fall by Sat. That is going to cause a lot of problems for south Louisiana. I pray this thing picks up speed soon and gets the heck out of here.

jimbob88

Phil just called & pretty calm in his area around baton rouge. He never lost power in his area, but other spots hit harder. B. Hebert- phil thought thibidoeux was hit hard. Trying to decipher that goofy accent....

B HEBERT

The eye passed over my house. Most of the rain was on the east side. New Orleans, Slidell and Mississippi got the worst. LaPlace had a lot of water and a bunch of people had to be rescued from their house. Read somewhere this morning that there was more rain yesterday than during Katrina. I checked my house this morning and the only damage I could find was about 4 shingles missing from the roof of the garage. Hope I didn't type with an accent.

BALD ALLISON

Thanks for being concerned everyone. That's what Family does. We are all good here, have power and no damage. South Louisiana got hit very hard and some areas have had heavy flooding. The next couple of days will be bad also with all the water and no where for it to go. Rivers are over flowing and backing up areas that usually don't flood.

Thanks again
We love you guys
Phil Messina and Family