"SmokintheCove" Sept 23, 24th &25th!!

Rocket

Smokinthecove 2005 has over a $40,000 Purse!! :D

Located on Lake Catherine, near Jones Mill, Arkansas, were this event has been staged for the last 17 years. A 1000 ft course length, a change of racing scenery and $10,000 up for grabs, makes it very interesting drag boat fans.

The 1000 ft course levels the playing field between jet boats and their prop equipped adversaries. On a quarter mile course, jets are strong in the first half, while props come on big in the second half. Take away a bit of the second half and you have some very close racing.

$10,000 bucks speaks for itself, the format of the event is ET bracket racing. The five brackets are 10.00-up, 9.00-9.99, 8.00-8.99, 7.00-7.99 and 6.00-6.99 seconds. Each bracket paid money to the winner, with higher amounts in each quicker bracket, topping out at $10K to the winner of the premier 6.00 class. These brackets also paid out from $500 to $1K to the lowest qualifiers.

The Lake Catherine race site is southeast of Hot Springs, Ark, about an hour south of Little Rock. The event is spread over three days with the finals on sunday.

See You Soon!

http://www.smokinthecove.com/

Rocket

2004 Results (Winners) :D

6 Second.
1st place $10,000 - Robert Leas, Climax Springs, Mo. - Boat #103, Kwik Trip
2nd place $2500 - Ed Anderson, Columbia, Tn. - Boat # 751, Red Hot
3rd place $1000 - Heather Mattiza, Fort Worth, Tx. Boat # 155, Blown Income
4th place $500 - Steve O'Brign, St. Ann, Mo. Boat # 0121, Even Sngakier

7 Sec.
1st $5000 - Buck Hux, New Braufels, Tx. Boat # 001, Childs Play
2nd $1500 - Rock Guthrie, Crump, Tn. Boat # 540, Pure Insanity
3rd $850 - Rennie Easley, Lowell, Ar. Boat # 927, Rattitude
4th $500 - James Monaco, San antonio, Tx. Boat # 471, Rebel 5

8 Sec.
1st $4000 - Kenneth Blair, Sandia, Tx. Boat # 709, Obnoxious
2nd $1250 - Brian Morton, Indianapolis, In. Boat # 1018, Kryptonite
3rd $750 - Ron Morton, Indianapolis, In. Boat 3 1011, Rampage
4th $400 - Thurl Howard, Leeton, Mo. Boat # 4001, Gone Ballistic

9 Sec.
1st $3000 - Denise Hodges, Emporia, Ks. Boat # 101, Aquatic Therapy
2nd $1000 - Lois Davis, La Salle, IL. Boat # 875, Neighbors Nightmare
3rd $650 - Bob Lipton, St. Charles, Mo. Boat # 121, Great White Hope
4th $350 - Rick Conklin, Ottawa, IL. Boat # 083, Bottom Dweller

Second Chance Brackets

6 Sec.
1st $1000 - Jim Snider, Castroville, Tx. Boat # 044, Dirty Harry
2nd $500 - Steve Douglas, Stephanville, Tx. Boat # 724, Miss Calculation

7 Sec.
1st $850 - Larry Rowe, Hot Springs, Ar. Boat # 11, Thumper
2nd $500 - Jeff Sabo, Hubbard, Tx. Boat # 5401, Liquidator

8 Sec.
1st $750 - Jim Tucker, Kingsbury, Tx. Boat # 457, Say When
2nd $450 - Kelly Russell, Kingsland, Tx. Boat # 769A, Capital Punishment

9 Sec.
1st $650 - Jeff Houghtaling, Oak Creek, Wi. Boat # 007
2nd $350 - Brian Jackson, Elsberry, Mo. Boat # SE114, FloorRunner

Rocket

Re: 10 sec. bracket

Waterdigger said:
Rocket, are they going to add the 10sec. class for 2005?

mike
I've got NO idea! :oops: I don't have anything to do with SITC, :? I'm just the messenger!!! :lol:

Try and E-mail Glen Bashires(sp) from the SITC site, and let us all know what you find out! :D :wink:

Fl Boy in ILL

SITC

:D :D

You know I will be there!!!!! This is my favorite race of the whole year, even going 700 miles 1 way. THey run the program like EXPERTS, they will get a minimun of 2 runs each day Friday and Saturday with a field of close to 150 boats. See ya there.

Rick

JaySmithRacing

Smokin in Da Cove

Guys if you haven't been to this race your missing Drag Boat Racing at its best ! The most professional put on race on the planet .... PROFFESIONAL clocks takes the "guess" work out of who wins and everyone gets a fair ELECTRONIC start .......... Beautifull setting and GREAT folks putting on the race for the racer with GREAT purses and you the spectator's continual entertainment.........( no boring lag times )

See ya there !

RedAllison

How easy is it to get into the racing area by boat? That meaning, spectator boats. I doubt I will get to make it as I will be in Hot Springs two weeks prior for the Ark State HOG Rally but I really would enjoy SMITC with my dad (its been YEARS since we went too a boat drags together) from my boat.

Thanx,
RA

Rocket

RedAllison said:
How easy is it to get into the racing area by boat? That meaning, spectator boats. I doubt I will get to make it as I will be in Hot Springs two weeks prior for the Ark State HOG Rally but I really would enjoy SMITC with my dad (its been YEARS since we went too a boat drags together) from my boat.

Thanx,
RA
WON"T happen! :shock: The "Cove" is closed during the races! :D

But come on down anyways! :wink:

Fl Boy in ILL

RA

Just come in and hang with us. I'll have at least one boat there and maybe 2, plus the other 10-15 O/Bs that go to all the races. Hope to see ya.

Rick

Rocket

I just got my Racer packet in the mail! :D

There are a few new rules this year! Like they are going to allow saftey capsules,, if they meet the NDBA rule book specs for Unlimited outboards! (ie. seat belts, O2 on board,, floatation ect..)

We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Rocket

FYI... SDBA's last race in Bryan TX will have their 1000' timeing lights set up to help anybody who wants to know BEFORE they get to SITC what kind of times they will be turning there! :D

SITC Rule: You MUST have raced at least ONCE in sanctioned EVENT (liek SDBA). You will only be allowed to race in a bracket that is two (2) seconds slower than SITC (you MUST show a time slip).

So come on out to Bryan Texas Aug. 27th & 28th and Test & Tune for Smokin in the Cove! 8)

Rocket

It's almost that time of year again!!!!!

Time to "Aim it at the Mountain"!! :D

Rocket

Good news today.

Theres $500 for first perfect reaction time and $500 for first perfect e. t. courtesy of Coco distributing and Genes Liqour.

Way to go Budweiser. :D

Texan

They were able to get a full day of qualifying in yesterday (Friday), but when I went back today to watch, I found they cancelled everything due to Rita. In talking with a lot of folks yesterday, they felt like they would be able to race in between rain showerson Saturday. They started the day Friday thinking they would have more time before the storm started pouring rain on them, but Rita picked up speed. I sorta figured that they would cancel out Saturday and Sunday knowing what I knew about the storms path. I'm just now getting back to Texarkana and the storm is centered over Caddo Parish and Shreveport. We're expecting moderate winds and heavy rain for the balance of the day. Looks like a complete weekend of racing at Jones Mill will have to wait 'till next year.

Rocket

Well, We're BACK and home Safe! 8)

The qualifing went off without a hitch! I ran some damn good numbers, but just short making the CUT (18th).... I ran two pass's that were close..... one was a 8.076 and 8.081 but you had to run at least a 8.068 to make the field!!!! :shock:

They canceled the RAce's today due to the fact that They were draining the lake so fast in the anticipation of "RITA" that there wasn't enough water to even think of running on today (down about 24-36").... Good thing though,, Because "RITA" is sure showing what a my mom she really is up there right now! :? :roll: :?

Special thanks to "Garrett" and "LittleBit" for helping me all day Friday and this AM!!! I couldn't have done it without you two!!!!! :D