Small motors - who's had a small motor

bullwhipjkg

It seems most people like 225 or more. I was curious about people who ran smaller engines and why.
had a 150 on mine for 2 years alot goin on not to repower raced dsra with it and a shitload of rallys and river ridin great fuel milage and dependable azz hell sill runs 78-80 loded to fish but aint the powerhead i want on my ally but will work for know and has for a while:beating dead horse

Rolf

XR2002 Comp 115 Faststrike built by Monty,a tick over 80. With a Johnson 70 triple built by Monty(88hp dyno)61. Lots of fun pissin people off with piss ant motas!

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Why?
1. PO big blocks
2. Fuel mileage (I'm cheap)
3. do something out of the mainstream--hey, I run Allisons.
4. tinker with efficiency---set-up
5. the stealth factor--nobody expects a v4 to run 80+ No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Lotus 50

I wish I could piss off the big blocks. But my home lake is usually rough with wind waves and cruiser rollers, and the big boats work better in that than the SS2000. Also, more than a few of our local offshore boats are beyond any Ally speed. I did spank a 22 Donzi in early fall, but normally the big stuff goes by me.

I can outrun the PWC, and they don't expect that from a 150.

LAAllison

This summer my son bought an SS, Center steerwith no engine so while we were waiting for JSRE to freshen up his 225 ProMax we hung my 86 2.4 200 on it. It was a ball to drive,
felt like a sports car and got real good mileage. Didn't have a worked LU for it and the best prop was a 26 Chopper. It ran mid 80's on the speeddo, never did GPS it. I could be happy with that boat with a 200 injected motor and a good LU if it weren't such an ugly orange color.

Art

Roll Tide

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Lake racing rule #1: Never, ever race an offshore in 'their' water.

Corresponding rule of life:(Clint Eastwood) "A man's got to know his limitations." & "Die'n ain't much of a live'n."