Side-washing problem...

Allyfishing

Well, h2oskiier30....what are the results? Did you resolve the issue? What did you find out? sorry to be a bug, but I was following this so I could learn as well. I am a new Ally owner and am trying to absorb as much info as possible on the subject of pad to prop and driving, avoiding mistakes etc. etc. Thanks, Craig :relax:

h2oskiier30

It was as I thought...motor was too low. He was over 1" below the pad when he measured it out.

Allyfishing

Thank you so much for the update. And I am happy to hear that you figured it out. And also happy to hear that I may be having the same problems due to the very same reason. Guess I'll just have to put up with it til I can get my lower coned and LWP. thanks again!! Craig :at the bar

Allyfishing

Well, even though I still have the stock 200 lower with Merc scoops (JC's nosecone over the winter) I continue to practice and am getting the hang of it. 2" below pad, not quite to neutral trim with a Tempest Plus 25P at 6200r's for 75MPH. I have learned to balance her there and keeping an eye on the PSI at 15. Today I felt something strange at 75 almost like the engine lost power or something....dropped right to 70 and it felt light. I don't know how to explain it. I tried another few runs and it did it again on the last one. this is getting fun but that was weird!! Any ideas on what that was? Thanks for listening. Craig :confused: :beer:

ROBERT CROSS

My sportmaster is stock, and I don't have any ill handling problems. It's going to Tiillman a week from today for his skeg mods, though.

We moved weight around quite a bit, but never could change the handling characteristics of the boat.
Don't want to hijack the thread but got a newbie question.

Is this the modification you spoke of?

Thanks,
Bob

Attachments

h2oskiier30

Don't want to hijack the thread but got a newbie question.

Is this the modification you spoke of?

Thanks,
Bob

It's kind of along those lines, but Tillman works with the existing factory torque tab instead of either welding an extension on or notching the top of the skeg. He rolls both the leading edge and the trailing edge of the skeg toward the starboard side, blunts the nose, sands down the sides, etc.