Side Imaging wiring

JWolff

I got my side imaging transducer mounted on the transducer shield but trying to figure which way is best for running the wire from the transducer up into the boat. The best I see so far is running it inside the jackplate but I hate having approx 12" of loose cable. Or option 2 is to use adhesive mounts on outside of jackplate and zip tie the cable to those little adhesive bases.

Attachments

Last edited:

mittenbass

Up through the middle is how I did mine, but my transducer is on the skid planer.

JWolff

I ran it up inside. Was fun learning more about the boat while running the cable under the decking up to the front. Had the old garmin wiring still in there so got rid of that and cleaned up inside the console. Hopefully it works cuz I dont want to cut all those zip ties to remove it. A side note, the transducer shield was kind of pain to install (since you drill and tap) but man that sucker is robust. Expensive for what you get but I would do it again.

Allyfishing

yeah those transducer shield and saver products are beefy and work perfectly but that's why they are pricey. well worth the money