Should we have been DQ'd?

Speedman

SO we fished a small 18 boat open tourney and there was some fog in the river, the director made it clear that you could not run on plane unless you could see both sides of the river, so when we launched, we were idling up the river and when we got to the area where we could clearly see the other side, the boats in front of us did not step on it? SO we did, they protested and we were dq'd. We caught 20 smallies but would not have cashed a check, but in 17 years of T fishing, I have never been dq'd! I'm p,d off! plus in his rules, it states in the event of a protest a panel of 3 anglers will decide the outome, which he never did, and we did not get a chance to plea our case, as the board said DQ before he even said we were! What do you think?

A

Anonymous

No I don't think you should. Most tournaments that I have fished say run at you own risk!

A

Anonymous

Nope! If you could see both sides of the river, you were legal to go. I'd be PO too.

Speedman

Thanks for the vote! I talked to one of the guys we passed, who is a friend and actually won the tourney, he didn't make a protest but knew alot of others would. I asked him about it and he said in his opinion, it was not safe to run and he feared the others in front of him doing exactly what they did to me. He did agree that he could see both sides, but said just barely and was worried what might happen if we all took off and hit the next fog bank. So he saw it both ways, but by the "rules". I was right!

ALLISONMAN

actually the tournament director should have held the blast off until it was safe to go!!!! sounds like a poorly run tournament trail to me!!!!