Seat slide replacement -Fore & Aft

XB03AllyProud

Need a new slide for my XB02 center steer. Boat is a '89 and had the old thin flange aluminum one. Last ride of the season back in the fall and I nearly went for more of a ride than I wanted. Just pulled it out today and it is bent pretty good and started to tear through at the bolts. Anyway, got to get with Bill, is this Springfield Universal Trac-Lock II the one they are selling? What about other options has any of you found besides what Allison offers? Any feed back on this one? It's is a longer plate the seat bolts to. The old one was 7.5" wide x 9.5" long front to back. About 4" difference. I'm not finding anything else searching so far so thought I'd see what you all have bought and like. I'd like one that wasn't a PIA to remove the seat for getting up under front deck but safety/security certainly takes priority. Thanks all!

gmorgan

I’m very interested in what you find out. I have turned my forward/aft adjusting slide into a left/right adjuster since my xb2003 is a side steer. I have difficulties keeping everything aligned so the seat adjusts smoothly.

bassracr

I went through the same thing years ago and the replacement that I purchased from Allison was a way better piece than the original equipment .it’s built much more heavy duty ,tighter tolerance ,way better piece than what came when new. The one I got didn’t look anything like the one pictured. Also if the floor is sunken down where the seat mount is and not level. You will need a spacer under it that Allison provided me as well