Search inop

GeoL

Kevin,
I can't get 'search' to operate. It says I am below min four words.
T'ain't true.
I am trying to locate the photo's of the 'bat turn' sequence by JR.

Thx, Geo

K

Kevin from FL

I can't help ya Geo, I've never use the darn thing. I know it ain't like GOOGLE.

GotMyAlly

Put quotes around your search phrase.

"bat turn" will return results with that exact phrase.

Bat turn will return results that have those two words, but not necessarily in sequence.

A lot of search engines throw out short words because "a", "and", "the", etc. aren't typically related to what you're looking for, but this search engine seems to just puke it back at ya when you try to search for a short word.

jaybluez

IF there was a boat that someone would continuously do that to and live...it's an allison. These things are pretty darn tough. The first time I did it accidentally to my Blazer I had stress cracks near the passenger seat, the console, and my transom.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Geo go to the "advanced" tab and then in the box to the left, type in as many words that fit your search criteria as possible. If it turns up nothing, try using less words...down to 4. See if that works!

Lou

JR

I really can't imagine why anyone would to do anything so stupid, why doesn't he just leave it on the trailer, wash and wax it each week....

Just like airplanes, only idiots actually fly theirs, let alone do aerobatics....

It's just a toy...not an Icon.
JR

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
JR, remember this?

Q: What is the second engine for on a twin-engine plane?

(I'll let you insert the punch line.) :laughing

JR

The second engine is to make sure that you have enough power to arrive at the scene of the crash.

How about this one: There are OLD pilots and BOLD Pilots but NO OLD, BOLD pilots....

BTW,
The bat turns actually have to be set up just like setting up the aircraft for Hard Aerobatics. I always err on the side of the boat just skipping around in a circle rather than the nose diving lower than the windshield [which could snap the hull if the bow hits bottom].
I am sure with a heavier engine the nose would be driven much deeper.
It is really spooky when it dives up to the windshield due to having to look UP and seeing straight across the surface of the water [at eye level].
I have recently been laying off the bat turns more since it is really bad for my right shoulder that has already had rotator cuff/tendon reattachment from snowskiing.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
JR, you are the MAN when it comes to BAT-TURNS!!

The second engine is to make sure that you have enough power to arrive at the scene of the crash.
:laughing BINGO, I was gonna say, "to take you to the crash site"

RedAllison

Personally I think JR has a surgery induced "permanent narcosis" from all the silly gas during all his surgeries!!! :LMAO:

In case some of you forgot, intentional bat turns are just "in a days play" for this man. This is the same whack job who actually rode a moped across a bridge during a hurricane "...just because..."!!! :cuss:gasp

Sumbeech is CERTIFIABLE I'm tellin ya, :twisted evil
RA

JR

Three hurricanes so far, it was a Blast on the scooters. Since there were none this year, we need to get President Bush to send some more since the Dems say they are his fault.
JR
BTW, I am hearing of more Merc gearcase studs breaking.........

RedAllison

"...BTW, I am hearing of more Merc gearcase studs breaking........."

JR a few years ago when I first took my XB03 to Glenn Reynolds for new steering cables I also had him do routine maintenance and when they pulled the gearcase to do a water pump he said they had to replace several "bent studs". :confused: I didn't see how they could bend since a case fits only one way and is either "in the groove and tight" or completely off.

I think sometimes we just don't realize HOW MUCH and what kinds of various forces are at work on our machines when they are up and doing their thing! :embarassed
RA