sea star steering

michael lang

How do you run the lines on a 93 xb2002 side steer just got the boat he had it coming out rear stock holes and it kinks with 90 elbows do u go on top of the tank straight on in slots by gas fill?.

LakeAnna

How do you run the lines on a 93 xb2002 side steer just got the boat he had it coming out rear stock holes and it kinks with 90 elbows do u go on top of the tank straight on in slots by gas fill?.
Not an 02 but in the GS this is what we did. They go over the tank and thru the openings with the rest of the rigging.

michael lang

got to be careful of mine cause offshore mid has steel trim lines and the dummy I got the boat from had I so when you turned the wheel the port line bent backwards on the steering hose and kinked it hopefully its still good he said he ran the boat before I bought it theres no way set up this way he had to just through the steering in and never tried it thanks pics are very helpful

michael lang

now it turns all the way to the right but when u turn that the engine all the way left u can see about an inch of the crome on the cylinder but it looks like the tiller arm is hitting the stop in the center of the swivel bracket? maybe the wrong spacers on the swivel tube rod? amazing when u buy used boats the things people slop together.what a pain in the *** trying to straighen things out just to get a boat to run.one more question hes got a big looks like a 1inch male nipple on the fuel tank pickup.tried unscrewing it real tight didnt want to break it off in the tank dont want another project.

F2008

brotherxb03

if its a center steer, one out each side, if a side steer both down starboard side, out center right by gas tank cap.

Last edited:

Casey G

I swapped the fittings on the ram and helm. both hoses down starboard side, around and under the live well, up and over the fuel tank and straight to the ram. I had the factory cable holes filled.

loop

I followed Casey's lead and installed mine like his. Worked out perfectly.
Mine is side steer. I used 16' hoses and they were barely long enough but they work with no binding or rubbing. Was able to get both hoses thru the factory rigging tubes under the gunwales. I added a bunch of split vinyl hose anywhere i thought it might rub.
This has completely changed the way i feel about the boat. So easy to drive now. With my 23 renegade ski prop can run mid to upper 70's with no hands! Havent tried any bigger props yet. Best money i've ever spent!