SDBA in Waco update!!!

Rocket

SDBA's 1st race of the season!!!

Donnie Lott showed off his new XR in M/E and ran a bunch of 10.0's!!!!! Looked great Donnie!!!!! :smile

Here's the results of the weekend:

BAF

Winner- Jerry Davis
Runner-Up- Ken Singleton

ME

Winner- Gary Payne
Runner-Up- Brett Cheadle

PCE

Winner- George Loomis
Runner-Up- Randy Ball

PE

Winner- Craig Johson
Runner-Up- Todd Ebert

PRO MOD

Winner- Brutus Utter
Runner-Up- Travis Tutle

PWC

Winner- Olly Oliver
Runner-Up- Bruce Johnson

RR

Winner- Kenneth Reigert
Runner-Up- Mike Albright

SE

Winner- Alan Tate
Runner-Up- Dean Ongman

TE

Winner- Buck Hux
Runner-Up- Jeremy Dickerson

:sad There were two bad crashes this weekend but both are going to live thank GOD!!!!!!!

The first one happend Saterday during qualifing, Tequila Sunrise driven by James Ray, He is broken up, but will get out of the Hospital today>> Video http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/dragboatnut/My%20Videos/?action=view&current=TeqSunWaco07.flv

The second was Tim Stokes in the "Widow Maker".... Tim is alive but hurt pretty bad. He stuffed the sponsons at about 200mph,,, and the capsule flew over 60 feet in the air!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank GOD for capsules and SDBA Rescue!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocket

Here's a photo of "Widow Maker" @ about 150 mph,, just before it stuck the sponsons.........

Rocket

Flyingbutcher,,,,,How many rounds did you end up going?? i know you held in there for a while!!!!

FLYING BUTCHER

We went into the second round and red light!! I left on same number but lite her up by a tenth!! I ended up running at 1 1/8" below pad and HALF a tank full of gas to keep from breaking the 12 second!! Going to put my fishing stuff back in her and try to load it down. Handling at 1 1/8" below sucks!! We both red light in same lane?? Sure had a great time. I couldn't get close enough to 11s to try to run that class. Hope I didn't jinx you with the toy!! Sure good seeing you and all the gang again. We will hook up again at next race.

jim brinkley

Flying Butcher, That tail wind will get you every time. When you have a lot of boats on the rope then the tail wind will bow the rope forward. You have to push back with your arms straight to try and leave on the same number. Your boat looked real good out there on the water running. Good luck next time out. Thanks for letting us use the part, appreciate it very much. Thanks for the clock, looks like we need it to practice on. LOL New name (RLR) RED LIGHT ROCKET instead of (RRR) RUB RAIL ROCKET. LOL

Jim

Last edited:

FLYING BUTCHER

Sure nice meeting up with you all. Glad you were able to use the part. I most likely don't have the part collection you have but you are welcome to anything I have. Thanks so much for the info on "the wind" sure makes sinse. I should have talked with you before the race!! That is why it is a never ending learning thing plus haveing a good time with friends like you. RLR-I like it!! See you in a couple weeks.

jim brinkley

Bill, I do have a lot of parts and you are welcome to anything I can help you with. I sure like the clock you gave Mike (RLR) LOL If you can find another I'll pay you for one like it. I don't need it for practice because my practice day"s stopped a long time ago. Have had 3 back surgeries and don't need anymore according to my Doctor. LOL Getting old you know. Can't remember where I've been and don't remember being there either. LOL Will see everyone in Brady.

Jim

FLYING BUTCHER

ONE GOOD LOOKIN BOAT -ONE REALLY OLD FAT LOOKIN DRIVER!!!
wonder how good she would look at not half tank of gas and 1 1/8" below pad!! We will both in the win side next race! Thanks for posting

Last edited:

Rocket

ONE GOOD LOOKIN BOAT -ONE REALLY OLD FAT LOOKIN DRIVER!!!
wonder how good she would look at not half tank of gas and 1 1/8" below pad!! We will both in the win side next race! Thanks for posting
Great boat and a Well padded lifejacket's all I see!!! :very happy

I think you better not loose any weight, or raise the motor or empty any gas out,,,,, Don't touch the set up a bit! you are on it,, now we both just have to watch out for the old RED-EYE!

But in our defence,,,,,,,,,,,, when we are cutting lights to the .001th of a second,,,,,,,,, a tenth or a hundreth or even a 1000'th of a second differance one way or the other from anything,,,,, A bow in the rope, a better prop hook up, a better throttle response, or just plain human error,,,will result in either a RED LITE or a PERFECT LITE!! I feel blessed just to get to Race! :big grin

CYA on the Rope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS> we have got to work on your Rope deflector!!!