Schit Habbens

ROBERT CROSS

Update....I took the advice of a local racer/shop here, and got a new skeg welded. Alex told me he has 100's of hours on welded skegs. It was a short trip to his shop & the job was done the end of last Season.1791117912

ROBERT CROSS

It can be repaired. As stated, those cases are hard to find. That really isn’t that big of thing. May have other opinions but when I was racing several racers ran welded Skews and a lot of us ran ran welded cracked props. Just my two cents

have fun be safe
Nice, looks new.
And runs as good as it looks, Alex & the work his shop recommendation did has worked out well for us.

ROBERT CROSS

The other schit thing that happened at the beginning of this season...CMC lift pump pooped the bed.
"ya know how hard it is to replace on an Allison with its butt wings and without an engine lift? I do.
Thank goodness for my pneumatic impact hammer, and the reefer to freeze the pins and a heat gun to expand the holes. Along with 6 cutting wheels and two hacksaw blades :mad::p:eek::confused:

GotMyAlly

The other schit thing that happened at the beginning of this season...CMC lift pump pooped the bed.
"ya know how hard it is to replace on an Allison with its butt wings and without an engine lift? I do.
Thank goodness for my pneumatic impact hammer, and the reefer to freeze the pins and a heat gun to expand the holes. Along with 6 cutting wheels and two hacksaw blades :mad::p:eek::confused:
View attachment 17915

Sounds like a new jackplate would have been easier :mad:

ROBERT CROSS

The CMC replacement pump was $370, I didn't even ask what the complete unit would have cost.

The boats really dialed this year.
I finally figured out where the sweet spots are for the lift & trim after getting the skid plate installed last season.
Marked the trim & lift dials when the motor is level and even with the pad. Much quicker to adjust from the same point every time...:D

ROBERT CROSS

How I learned to 'DIAL' at speed or how I learned make fewer scary mistakes.
I made sure the lower unit was LEVEL and EVEN with the pad, and then marked BOTH gauges. I realize there is some mechanical latitude, but it sure gets me in the dialed space a lot quicker. I can move them both for comfort & return for speed and efficiency by returning to the arrows and then do the minor stuff.

The best hole shots with the 14 3/4” X 26 R QIV OT have been @ 3 trim, Haven't run the 25 or 28 Hydromotives yet

Last edited: