Saw a xb2003/250

ally25

Up date on this combo. I took a quarter inch off the torque tab, I also found a small amount of loose play in the steering conection and tightened and took the boat out for test drive for changes in handling. The boat felt much more in control and solid. It was late in the evening with a full tank, and 4 people in the boat. We hit 77 before I backed off. I had 2 guys in the boat that had never been over 45 in a boat, so they had a good ride and I found out that it is ready to go for some fun. It was a good test to see how it would handle a full load, it still would not wet the back deck after chopping the throttle. I know this speed is lower than what ya'll want to hear,but it is coming soon. I just didn't want any surprises just before dark with a boat load of people. Thanks

Allyfishing

Always best not to experiment with passengers in the boat. do that solo and with a lifeline vest and a helmet especially if you are going to the limit!!

Good to hear you are getting it dialed in.

fnshrmaster

Up date on this combo. I took a quarter inch off the torque tab, I also found a small amount of loose play in the steering conection and tightened and took the boat out for test drive for changes in handling. The boat felt much more in control and solid. It was late in the evening with a full tank, and 4 people in the boat. We hit 77 before I backed off. I had 2 guys in the boat that had never been over 45 in a boat, so they had a good ride and I found out that it is ready to go for some fun. It was a good test to see how it would handle a full load, it still would not wet the back deck after chopping the throttle. I know this speed is lower than what ya'll want to hear,but it is coming soon. I just didn't want any surprises just before dark with a boat load of people. Thanks
Sounds like it is starting to come together. That should be pretty easy on fuel, I think we will see more 3.0 motors rigged on the 2003 as 2.5 motors become more scarce. Thanks for the update! Kurt

99hawk

Ally 25, Does your Pro XS have the solid motor mounts? Also did you do anything special to the gearcase other than the torque tab? Trying to get mine setup with a 3L. Ordering motor today if possible.

ally25

My motor is the Sport xs, that comes with solid mounts. The only mods to motor is torque tab and planning foil. I think I heard the pro xs motors have solid mounts. Don't know for sure.