"Safe" family speed poll

What is a "safe" family speed?

• Total voters

Kurt G

I dont believe there is a safe speed. Alot can happen at 40. You have to be willing to take chances and know things can happen at any speed. Ive had my 11 year old daughter with me in my Euro at 104.That was stupid on my part. Later that year the steering broke and I crashed at a 100 hard. Went thru the side of the boat. If my daughter was in the boat when it happend. I cant even think about it. There is no 100% safe speed. You take your chances and hope nothing out of the ordinary happens. Kurt

JR

I agree with Kurt, when you get a 5 horsepower Pilot in a 10 horsepower airplane, you usually end up with a hole in the ground.

Not every Pilot [or boat driver] is a 5 horsepower one, they start as a 10 horsepower and just get behind-the-curve by being inattentive/impared/distracted. Once you are behind-the-curve it's almost impossible to get ahead.

There are also the rare 15 horsepower situations that have unavoidable consequences. Then you just need to be ready to "Meet your Maker". These are vary rare....

You have to be 100% when you drive our toys at almost any speed or "bad things happen".

Lyons

I marked it at 70 but upper 80's and low 90's are safe if the boat is right and river is calm
grew up on the river and most of the time in the 15 foot alli was in the upper 70's

aaronmt

Havent quite got my alli on the water yet, but i run my checkmate starflite at 75mph with my my family (fiance and 19mo yellow lab).My dog (cody) is great when cruisin he has his head up lookin around but, when goin fast he goes rite between the front seats.She says she wont be in the ally over 90 mph but thats thsame story I head before when the first boat went 55. Now shes comfortable at 80 in the checkmate.:laughing