"Sack O Cats" tail of Woe!

SLOmofo

Got to the WAR11 Sunday afternoon, first to arrive. At least I'm first at something!
Ran Monday testing 4 props. Was real rich, sooted up the transom, 4 stroking real bad even with mixture knob turned full lean. At almost sea level I expected it to be too lean on the middle knob setting.
Tuesday it rained.
Wed I put a 29" SRX on and drove it around some, still 4 stroking when it really shouldn't. Decided to look at the reeds and found one chipped. Pulled the throttle bodies and reed blocks, replaced about 12.
Next morning pulled them again to see if I had doubled up on one of the reeds, (stacked two). Nope. Put it in the water and #2 cyl pyro was cold 98/102 degrees thought it was a plug replaced, same. The next two days I checked what I had done and then found great spark, injector spray and compression. Rebooted the fuel map. Checked for air leaks with brake spray......
Stood on my head an farted the Star Spangled Banner while drinking a Pina Calida.
No Love.
Saturday before the rest of the people got to the launch ramp, I fired it on the trailer, same #2 no heat! Parked it.
Watched the prop testing from the beach, shot some vids.
I think I would have given John's XB2002 a good run even if I couldn't beat him. Jay's XR2001 would have been imposable to catch and run down in 800'.
This Wednesday night had time to look at it. I thought maybe I had water getting into #2. So..... I fired it without the lower unit on it. Instantly had heat in #2 pyro.
Pulling out fist fulls of hair!!!!!!
Sounded crisp after it cleared residual fuel. Put the gear case on and the water muff. STILL HAVE HEAT!!!!!!!!
Now I'm BALD!
So I'll take it to the lake one day this weekend and see if "It's the Water"!!!!!!
3 years ago, again at the Delta the other engine gave me fit's. I think it's the f'ing Delta = A tidally influenced Cess Pool.
One good thing is, I found the reason the logging always said I only opened the throttle to only about 95%. In forward gear the throttle stops against the shift lever.:shock: When I set the Throttle Position Sensor in the ECU Map out of gear it registers and records 100% open. If it's in gear and set, it registers and records 100%, but its only 95%. That makes the whole fuel map rich above idle. I now know why sometimes it was richer and fouled the plugs at different times.
Gotta figure a way to make a positive throttle stop on the engine. That way 100% should always be the same, that way the mapping will be correct every time.
But now I still have the unexplained intermittent problem with #2 cyl.

Thank you John Rrrrr "The Banded" for your help, it was instrumental in finding the TP sensor problem.
Told Dave my tale of Woe, he says it's probably worn out by now anyway(maybe by his standards) and we'll have to go through it this winter. Get the mapping right. Maybe a different front half. Maybe a Motrola processer, the list goes on and on....

SLOmofo

Found the problem on Sunday. Fixed it and the other problem I had with the throttle. Went to San Antonio lake Monday.
On plane NOW, kicks the stern side ways when it hooks up. I need a trim timer hooked to a switch on the gas pedal. Can't count a 3/4 second and hit the 24v trim switch. This coming weekend is a small hot boat get together at San Ant I'm planning on representing the Wackers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuV5dBiTWdI

SLOmofo

If it was a meat ball . . . . . . .
Both JohnRrrrr "The Banded One" and Gene "The short One" were real close in there suggestions of "Maybe it's the pyro!"
Wednesday I fired it up without the lower unit on, thinking maybe water getting into the cylinder.
Had Heat!
Put the lower on and water muff, fired it, Had Heat.
Now that it's home it's working. Sack O Cats don't like the Delta!
Sunday I decided to fix the problem with the throttle and it was an easy fix. Fired it,
NO HEAT.
What I found was inside the wire harness side connector the wires were slightly pulled out and would touch together causing the problem.

SLOmofo

Hot Boat Outlaws...... get together is postponed for a week. Supposed to RAIN this weekend. Gives me time to tinker. Called about a prop and TBuck gave me an tid bit on how they slowed down the 12v trim on the tunnel boats they raced. Thank you! I tried it tonight, going to work fine, just have to test and tune under power on the lake.