Ron hill 34p hoss

jas638

Banned
hey roy ,does that offer come with a ,you break it you buy it clause?

jas638

Banned
Yes you have to get them them set up right. I ran 31p performance props yammi copy. It ran well on my 2002. The bigger props slip more. That is what will get you. I had 1.87 gears, and turned it 8600 @ 114. The slip is what scared me. It drove awesome. This prop may not make it... I'm going to run it some more. It had zero cup, and the rake was all wrong. I changed the rake as much as I could, added cup on the trailing edge, all around through the tip. There is no doubt it is going to be better.. When I ran it, the bow was really flat with no lift, and it ran 90 @ 6000. 18% slip.. Any more trim, and it could have got hairy, and there was to much boat in the water... It is going to run over a 100 for sure.. It is going to be a little while though. It is cold here.....

Oh I tested with full fishing load, didn't change a thing.
Roy
what is the rake degree on the prop to begin with? what did you change it too? i am very familiar with Genuine Hoss props and what rake angle is built it to them and what works on ally's. how exactly did you change the rake angle? i have a 30p old school triton that gives me 6% or less.does paddle a bit but only when i mash the pedal on initial acceleration then levels off. i have had smaller pitch props slip more than that. i think that slip would depend on a lot of other factors than pitch .??? maybe that knockoff is just better kept on your river log splitter shelf with the others:beer: not all of us have an a-pile and a b-pile!!!! just sell some and buy a brand-new HOSS!!!

Last edited:

suicidealli

The guy before me had the rake changed, because it was on a STV. It had to much bow lift. So had the rake changed, and got rid of the cup, so it wouldnt blow over. He ran in the high 120's with it At Carrollton ky back when They had the radar runs. Sound like a log splitter??? Lol. You don't have to reply with negative comments.. I have had some good knock off props. My best prop on my 2002 is a chopper that was cut like an ET.
I had a great Ron hill yamaha drag copy. Some one spent a lot of money getting it there tho. This one somebodyndid the samething... Back in the day not to many 34p props were out there.. Still not to many today...

Roy

jas638

Banned
the questions were genuine, i am truly interested. the comments were not meant to be negative. just poking fun. sorry if you took it wrong,i thought you would get a kick out of it. keep us posted

ally2dextreme

I have a old school 34 hoss triton u can about see through,i was told it was a prop they used to set some kind of record back in the day,who knows but with my old 30 triton being my best prop out of the 100 or so ive had ive been wanting to give this 34 a run,ive always run 30 or bigger and havnt had an issue,altho my highest MPH came with my 26 yamaha @ 113

suicidealli

Hoss has always been a good prop for allisons. I had a triton 3 I didn't care for. It was on an ss tho. Those are tricky boats. Im with you I have owned well over 200 props easy. I have over 50 now. It is amazing how just a little tweaking can make a prop so much better. Some props just suck, and no matter what you do they are always going to suck.
I have ran the biggest numbers with cut chopper. I have been 116 in a xb 2002 with a 26 and 1.75 gears.

Roy

Last edited: