Rigging Hose Done

Westy

The steering hoses come thru a step down coupler for a garbage disposal connection to a dishwasher. I just notched the rubber so that I could run the bolts thru the boots that fasten the cable bezel to the boat. The hose still has the abilty to move but since they point slightly up; water does not splash back into the boat. I took some close up pics to help IO to OB but my stupid ISP is having problems and I can not upload the pics right now.

I also added a street 90 to the steering cylinder so that the hose point right at the pods with no bends. $2.00 at Ace Hardware for a

F2008

Looks great! ...... and WOW, that's some clean azz water, you can actually see the lower! .. :big grin

Westy

Thanks F2008,

The water is really clear right now even though we are having quite a algae bloom. It will get to about 20' visibilty by the end of the summer. It's the Quagga Muscles.:soap box

Westy

wj225

Where did you get the hose kit? Would like to add to my boat.

Bill

Westy

I have lots of the black left over your welcome to it if you want to pay the shipping. I've since changed out the black for the Tim Burton look. LOL I have lots of it left over as well. I think I got the bezels from Eddies Marine. As you can see i used the original black rubber rings behind the bezels for a really nice fit. Hint find a child or someone with really small hands to mount the bezels and uses studs screwed into the back of the bezels (it's real tight in there). I backed up the bezels with cheap plastic cutting board material.

Westy

wj225

Shipping costs for the solid black to Georgia 30019?

Thanks,
Bill

Westy

Thanks, I was at a Grainger trade show last year and walked by a booth the was showing their flexible hose and thought it would look good on my Ally. The black part is EPDM so it should last a long time in our desert heat.

Westy

resqu-u

Hey Westy. Looks Great. If you still have some of the hose laying around I'll take it, shipping is to 29445. Thanks Shane

Chiz

I am trying to track down the rigging adapters for the Alien Cowl...... where can I find those at??

resqu-u

Last edited:

Chiz

Thanks..... these are just what I need.

One more question..... I have a XB02, and when the rigging hose comes to the boat, it has to go under the flat piece, and I am pretty sure the 2" hose will not go under it. Any suggestions on what I can use at that point to hold down the hose??

Westy

For you guys asking for shipping costs, I'm sorry but I did not have a chance to get the hose out of my attic this week. I forgot I loaned my ladder to my son in law so I could not get in the attic. I am now on my way to Chicago and will not be home until Sunday. Then I'm leaving for Orlando for the entire next week.

So what I'm saying is that it's going to be a couple of weeks before I can get the costs for you guys. I just didn't want to leave you guys hanging.

Westy

resqu-u

No worries for me Westy,
I'm detached from the boat until June/July anyway. Just send me an PM whenever you get ready. Thanks Shane

catfish123

Hey westy, do you have either black or the silver and black left that you could ship to 17313?a

Westy

WJ225 / Resqu-u:

I finally got into my attic today. I found the all black tubing but only have enough for two boats (two hoses per boat). I could not find where I put the two tone stuff (it's already getting real hot in our attics):banghead

Catfish123: If either of the guys that asked first don't want the tubing you are welcome to it.

I will just send it to you guys free if you want it, I was able to get it in a USPS flat rate box. Everyone on here has been so helpful to me that it's the least I can do to help out a fellow member.

So PM your addresses and I'll get it on the way. NOTE: I leave on another trip in the morning and will not be able to ship it until next Wednesday the 23rd if I don't hear back by the time the post office closes today Arizona time (pacific time zone now).

Westy