Restoration of my 79 GT20

Jed

Thought some of you would like to see my 79 GT20 after phase 1 of my restoration. All composite structural, re-gel cote and red paint are complete. Next will be rigging out and new trailer build.. Before and after pics..
IMG_1611.JPG IMG_1618.JPG IMG_1633.JPG IMG_1644.JPG IMG_1642.JPG IMG_1665.JPG IMG_1673.JPG IMG_1685.JPG IMG_1690.JPG IMG_1739.JPG

Jed

Thanks.. I've had it for 8 years and finally at a time in my life where I can get it back on the water.. I'm picking it up today, and will thread it in my shop this evening. I'll post more pics of the progress as it's made...

Freebird

Haven't been on here in a while, but she looks great! Love the old 20's and am on my third one now.

Jed

Haven't done anything in a few months. Been busy with work. I hate when work gets in the way of my hobbies... As soon as I get back on it, I'll post more pics.

Jed

Cool old pics... I saw my first one back in the late sixties. My dad used to take us to the boat races when we were kids. I thought it was the coolest looking boat ever. When I went to buy my first boat in 1980, I wanted to buy one. I couldn't find one, so I ended up with a Hydra-Sports ski boat. Had it for 29 years. I was surfing the net one night in 2009 and came across the Allison Owners page. I started looking for a GT20. Found one in Knoxville and the rest is history. I still think they are one of the best looking boats in their class... People are surprised when I tell them how that design is.. Thanks for sharing the old pics, and I'll post as soon as get back on it.

Jed

Ok, it's been a while. Work keeps getting in the way of my progress. Anyway, here's a couple of pics of from last Fridays work. Still need to mount one more gauge. Gauges mounted, Steering set, and jack plate installed. Forgot to order voltmeter. Arggg..

IMG_2026.JPG IMG_2025.JPG
IMG_2025.JPG