Replacement trim motor

reward69

Of course my tilt trim motor goes out while I'm at the lake on vacation. Luckily it was all the way down when it did as I didn't have a screw driver with me to lower it manually. I saw a couple of,posts on scream and fly about a replacement motor brand called ARCO. Anyone had any luck with these? There a lot,cheaper than the mercury motor.

LakeAnna

I have no idea on the trim motors but their starters are good... You have luck very much like I do...what a PITA!:cuss

allimax

If it's the same ARCO product I sold against a few years back they are a fine product. They would be a company that also re-builds starters & alternators and they do a fine job. I would check and see if the trim motors come from China or not. If they do, I think I would spend the extra on a Merc, I know they're still made here.

reward69

Ordered one this morning so well see how they do. Took mine off this morning and took it apart and cleaned it. I never could get it to work consistently, it would work 8 out of 10 times but it seemed like there was a dead spot somewhere as it wouldn't start without turning the shaft a little.

reward69

Well I got the new ARCO motor installed and alls good so far. Being I was on vacation when this happened I called a couple of local marine dealers and got one to price changing it. I w quoted over $600 which would have been for a new mercury motor which is over $400 retail. Which meant that the install price was over $200. This took me about 30 minutes to change this out, needless to say I just said thanks and have a good one. Total costs to me was $173 for the ARCO motor And 30 minutes labor.