Red Rigging Hose

Westy

F2008 your rigging looks awesome!!

Where did you get your rigging tube and what connectors are required for a 280? This is something I really want to do to my motor. It looks like you have the hydro hoses for the steering coming out of the holes on the inside of the pods. How did you seal the holes in the pods?

Any ideas on what to do with the hoses for the external trim pump? I'm old so pictures are always appreciated.

Sorry for all the questions.

TIA,

Westy

Allyfishing

F2008

Thanks guys, I'm pleased with how it looks. Yep, that's the place. Thanks Craig buddy.
Westy, there were already holes in the pan of my motor and luckily they were of a size that let me "screw" the corrugated hose right into them. Under the rear hatch are two recessed areas, not holes, and the hose lays in the recess with a cover screwed down over the top to hold them there.

The holes for the hydraulic steering hoses were already there also. When I changed to the 6345 steering cylinder I got some new large grommets (from Lowes) that allow the hose to slide in and out of the hull but should keep most of the "coming off plane wash" out.

What boat do you have? PM me your email address and I'd be glad to share ideas or pictures if I can help.

RedAllison

Looks GREAT, will be interesting to see how they holdup in the sunlight. If they look good after this summer I might hafta put some onda big red barge!

:at the bar
RA

Allyfishing

My pleasure Don...and didn't mean to step in on the subject either. I may have posted the wrong link for the hose connector on the Dana Marine site. The inside diameter of the hose is 2" and outside diameter is 2.5". The billet connector for that size hose is on that page though.

RA, Good point on the sun fade though. Never thought of that. I'll have to stop by my local car wash and take a close look at the vacuum hose. I know it has been there for years to see how it looks...other than all scratched up from draggin around on the blacktop.

Don, I don't know if you would want to go thru the trouble now but the hydraulic lines for the steering from Allison come thru the hull thru a really neat compression fitting type of sleeve that snugs them in place and would keep any water out. I don't know how else to describe them.

Westy, take him up on his offer to help ya out. He's a pretty crafty guy! :beer:

F2008

Craig don't give that a second thought, we're all wanting to help where we can.

That's what I figured also, if it will stand up to a 24/7 outside car wash environment, it should be fine for how we're going to use it.

Sent ya an email re the hydraulic hose.

Westy

Thanks F2008 & Allyfishing for the links and offers to help.

The boat is a 99' XB2003 PST with a 99' 280 Sport. I shopped this site for 2

RoadrashPaul

Rigging Hose Help

I have a 2000 225 Promax what can I do on the engine side with 2" round hose? It currenlty has two in hose just stuck through the oblong hole that used to have a grommet.

Thanks Paul

F2008

That's how the hose goes in mine Paul. Each corrugated vac hose "screws" into the oblong holes in the pan. Fits perfect and doesn't pull out.

F2008

I highly recommend it, it's holding up fine. No change in the color at all. I used 2 four foot pieces for my boat ($3/ft) and sold the remainder on here. Craig bought the blue and I believe his held up equally as well, it looked good when I saw it in September.

Allyfishing

The color held up very well. Actually I'll pull the extra out of the box and hold it up along side the installed hose and check side by side. Then I'll let ya know. And I'm especially happy that it didn't pull out of the pan in the ProMax. I only used one hose and everything is in it. It was a bit tight but it works.