Recessed trolling motor tray XB2003?????

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Who has done it on their XB 2003? What brand did you use? Where did you put it? What would you change if you could do it again? Picture of your tray. Thanks.

Mick

Bought mine on eBay as well. You'll love it! Only thing I wasn't crazy about was, you have to cut thru a a cross brace. I'm sure since everyone does it, it's not as big of a deal as I thought, but it still Takes from the integrity of the deck. Imo

chad202

You don't have to cut thru the cross member. I made my cut right in front and had the front lip of the pan sitting on the cross member.

wasmeneh

Pretty sure I did the same cut in front of cross member. I really was a pretty easy installation and makes fishing a long day much easier on the back. Plus you have better balance.

Mick

I wish who ever installed mine would have put a little more though into it. I had to add a bigger tray when I bought mine to accommodate my mk tm, there was a much smaller box installed that would only for a Johnson pedal. Who ever originally installed it cut thru the cross support. I cut it so tight I literally wedged it against the cross support. I assumed everyone cut there's to add one of these. I've not had any problems, so know one has had to cut there support?