Recess tray for TM pedal

The Cashew Kid

Anybody put one in an 03? I'd like to but I would have to cut out part of what looks to be a cross brace under the deck in that area. Go or no go?

Ocktane

I talked to Bill once about it on my '03. He stated that it would be best not only to mount it with screws/bolts but also to glass it into the front deck. For those that have done it do you feel that is necessary for the structural integrity of the deck or not? I eventually plan to do the same to mine.

BigCountryx

I sealed the edges of the cut area with resin and bolted it in (not a lot of fun installing the nuts from below lol). The deck feels every bit as rigid as it did before, even with my 260lbs load testing it.

white03

I also sealed the edges. I have fiberglass well from Allison. I've thought about glassing it in but didn't because if I ever change carpet again it would be a pain to remove. Deck is just as firm as it ever was, but I didn't cut that cross member either. Put the well right behind the cross member

Ocktane

Jeff if you end up doing it let me know and I'd be happy to help (I plan on doing it to mine in the not too distant future).

The Cashew Kid

This is as far as u can go forward without cutting the crossmember.

Thanks for posting the pics. You got any idea how far in front of the seat pedestal hole the tray is? I like to lean on my butt seat and I kinda need the pedal out front of me a little bit. Don't want to be right on top of it while leaning on my seat and when I want to stand straight over it, I don't want the seat right up my a$$ behind me either. I sure would like to do this but don't know if I could bring myself to cut the hole! Thanks for ya'lls insight on this!

BigCountryx

Thanks for posting the pics. You got any idea how far in front of the seat pedestal hole the tray is? I like to lean on my butt seat and I kinda need the pedal out front of me a little bit. Don't want to be right on top of it while leaning on my seat and when I want to stand straight over it, I don't want the seat right up my a$$ behind me either. I sure would like to do this but don't know if I could bring myself to cut the hole! Thanks for ya'lls insight on this!
I was worried about the same thing, I normally don't use the butt seat. but on rough days I do. I'm 6'5" and I find it more comfortable than I had thought. Here's a pic that might give you a better idea. The only time it's not comfortable is when I have to heel down all the way to try and back up. That maneuver is easier when it's deck mounted, but that's a small price to pay for the reduction in back pain.

The Cashew Kid

I was worried about the same thing, I normally don't use the butt seat. but on rough days I do. I'm 6'5" and I find it more comfortable than I had thought. Here's a pic that might give you a better idea. The only time it's not comfortable is when I have to heel down all the way to try and back up. That maneuver is easier when it's deck mounted, but that's a small price to pay for the reduction in back pain.

That shows me exactly what I wanted to see! Thanks for taking the time to get those pics on here!!