Recarpeting the XTB

Ocktane

I had put an earlier post about ordering a new carpet kit for my 89 XTB-21. Got the new carpet (despite a few mis-cut pieces that I had to send back) and I've been working on rippin' out the old stuff. The weather has been great this week, surprise for WA! That lacquer thinner is no joke! Thankfully i have a nice filtered mask. I'll put up some in progress pics here. I've got half of it done (easy half). Frankly I'm a bit intimidated by the center of the boat, just wanna make sure I get it right! The way the carpet goes under the fiberglass on the edges seems a bit daunting but I think I'll be able to get it. Any tips would be gladly appreciated! :gone fishing

kornvb

you are in for alot of fun! that center section is a pain i used a large metal puddy knife to tuck the carpet under the edges. be careful and take your time. underneath your seat is fairly easy but the dr. console is a bear. i jacked mine up just enough to slide the carpet under. and found no good way to carpet the outer edge of the consloe were the rod locker meets.good luck. will look great when your finished.

Ocktane

Well I have all the old crap out. No joke on that center, I haven't even started puttin new stuff down and I'm already sweatin it! Just kinda wondering how I'm gonna be able to slide the new stuff under the seat and console wall and still be able to lift it up for glueing. Guess I'll have to cut the large piece? :gone fishing

Last edited:

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lookin good man, can't wait to get the new stuff in there and see what she looks like! Between you and Aaron and I, we should be able to get it lookin sweet! That is a good question tho as to how we're gonna get it up under those edges...

Brian

Ocktane

Got the new carpet in! Wouldn't you know it, now I want to do more to the boat...new seats, new gage boards...
:gone fishing

Last edited:

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now we need to get the other lowerunit on and take her up a notch at a time.Youll be runnin the numbers I put up with soon.
You need a fast boat to play in again? :punch

Looks great Nick! Can't wait to see it at the sand bar! Of course, maybe the WAR too :confused: I'm gonna try to make it...I'll have your other gearcase back next week and we'll be good to go. She looks good man,

Brian :gone fishing

aaronmt

You need a fast boat to play in again? :punch

Looks great Nick! Can't wait to see it at the sand bar! Of course, maybe the WAR too :confused: I'm gonna try to make it...I'll have your other gearcase back next week and we'll be good to go. She looks good man,

Brian :gone fishing
It will only run mid 70s ever but itll run it through some nasty water

jdm90

Looking good Ocktane - I'm needing to do the same thing on my '90 model. If you go with different style seats, let me know what your doing with the old ones. I would be in the market for some that style.