rear fold down seats for 2+2 & ProSport

champ198

Are the fishing seats with the metal hinges and squared type back any heavier than the rounded fishing seats going in the new Allisons?

RedAllison

I had a metal hinged seat in my XB03 and 2 of the plastic ones in my 2+2. Can't say I noticed any weight difference, if so it's not enough to worry about. The rounded/plastic seats are softer and more comfortable (bigger as well) but the metal hinged ones gotta be a lil stronger and longer lasting I'd think?

I like having the locking hinge of the plastic ones, don't have to worry about tearing off that locking strap of the metal ones. But evidently the plastic ones aren't as common as I thought. I've yet to have a partner in the boat know how to unlock the plastic hinge without asking what the trick was. :confused:

Can you still get the metal hinged fishin seats?
RA

champ198

I asked Nancy at Allison if they still had them. She thought she could still get them but it was dependent on the seat bottoms. I told her I'd like to have those older style fold downs if I could still get them. Either style is ok with me. I haven't seen the newer seats like you have so that's why I asked for the old style. Good observations!!

Darth VMAX

So??? What are you getting? A Basport or Prosport XB21??? Congrats on whatever it is

champ198

Darth, I'm going with a 2010 2+2 w/Merc SportXS. Once you go Allison, nothing else will do.

The wife is ready to pop a cap in my patootie!! :laughing She was none too pleased when I sold the 2+2 a few weeks ago. She is even less pleased with the Stratos. In fact, I can't get her out on the water unless she's behind an Allison console. (that makes it easier to move back to the Allison. . :cool )

RedAllison

Darth, I'm going with a 2010 2+2 w/Merc SportXS. Once you go Allison, nothing else will do.

The wife is ready to pop a cap in my patootie!! :laughing She was none too pleased when I sold the 2+2 a few weeks ago. She is even less pleased with the Stratos. In fact, I can't get her out on the water unless she's behind an Allison console. (that makes it easier to move back to the Allison. . :cool )
Sounds like your wife is BRILLIANT and the only lapse in judgement she ever made was meetin you at the altar!!! :razz

Corngrats my man, it'll be YOURS inda garage and you'll be set for life. :gone fishing
RA

Allyfishing

Hey champ198, I thought you just sold your 2+2 to get into a Stratos team boat and you are going to sell it already? You have a great woman right there and some deep pockets. Good luck, Craig

:idiot ...for not buying your 2+2 when it was for sale.. Just too much $$$ right now and bad timing.....economy and job??