Ready for prop testing

J

John Richied

Ron the prop looks great!

I bet your 225 has a little more peep this year. :wink

Travis and I will be rolling in Sunday…. less than a week away… YAHOO! :very happy

R

Redding XB21

For all you really hot motor guys, we have a place here that has any kind of fuel you need. Just heard they have 93 w/out enthenol. Also leaded 100 up.

R

Redding XB21

It's "Northern Lights Energy" on hwy 273. pretty easy to get to. They have special "pink" fuel:wink

J

John Richied

Here is another one…

Northern Lights Energy
• (530) 824-3204
1819 Solano St, Corning, CA 96021

They both sell race fuel…

fastglass1

I read something on another site that suggested it is best not to mix ethenol fuel with non-ethenol fuel. Something about it causes the ethenol to phase change or something like that.

You guys heard anything like that or have you mix fuel like this in the past?

J

John Richied

I read something on another site that suggested it is best not to mix ethenol fuel with non-ethenol fuel. Something about it causes the ethenol to phase change or something like that.

You guys heard anything like that or have you mix fuel like this in the past?
That sounds strange to me, being the up to 10% ethanol is blended with the fuel to start with.… however by chance I drained my fuel cell completely this spring and this is the first year I have ran the ethanol fuel.

I am very concerned with the ethanol eating the plastic tank and fuel lines and plugging up a filter or and injector and POW! Down she goes! :gasp

For now maybe I will stay with stock compression and the ethanol fuel…

I would rather have it running all year then run for 10-15 races like WHO SHOT JACK & BABY I AIN’T COMIN’ BACK!

And then not run at all… :laughing

Also I wonder if ALL two-stroke oil is compatible with this 10% ethanol.

Last edited by a moderator:

fastglass1

I have seen some interesting photo from the guys back east showing clogged hoses. They blame the ethenol. The hoses do look like they have desolved some.

I was worried about mine since I have a 2000 model year boat and have not changed over to the new hoses. I cut off a section of hose and split it down the middle. Looked as good as any new hose I have seen. No desolving or build up.

Maybe we just get better gas out here or something.

R

Redding XB21

Headed to the lake today to get the boat ready for the animules. I plan on running it up to Salt Creek sunday morning WOT at about 4MPH:rolling eyes. With the lake as full as it is, it should take about 2-3 hours.
Really looking forward to the get-together. Might stop at Phill's and see about a "special" prop:big grin

J

John Richied

Headed to the lake today to get the boat ready for the animules. I plan on running it up to Salt Creek Sunday morning WOT at about 4MPH. With the lake as full as it is, it should take about 2-3 hours.
Really looking forward to the get-together. Might stop at Phill's and see about a "special" prop:
I plan on running it up to Salt Creek Sunday morning WOT at about 4MPH…
You GOTTA BE CHITTIN' ME! :shock:

I really thought your Allison ran a little faster than that. :LMAO:

Oooooh you’re talkin’ about the houseboat. :banghead

Last edited by a moderator:

cj707

Gene. 2 ?'s. Is Antlers still open? Does Phil know what he's doing with props other than trophies

J

John Richied

Lars, Gene might not be back to answer your questions for a while.

I guess his boat starting battery was run down and practically dead

cj707

Normally, I would laugh...But in this case I believe you