Randy GPI

FLYING BUTCHER

Did you have a chance to test the Titus lower units and the new Hoss props? If so any news you want to share? I might want to try one of those 26 ers.

GPI Racing

Well, we spent about 5 hours on Thursday running everything we could bolt on. Dave Bostic brought some new stuff and the Hydromotive guys brought some cool stuff too. The new "pie pan" props are extremely awesome. I ran a 28 that punched better than my 26 and gave some 120+ mph rides to a few people. The only boat that didn't like it was the Hydrostream Venom we tested them on. Tony Brucato tested one on his XB2003 and it was the thing to have. The next day we tested a little more and learned some things as well. Todd from Hydromotive gave us a T3 Sport to play with. It had more blade area than the previous props from them I had run. Some other nice tricks to the trailing edge and, well, lets just say the prop is here in MN now! It really worked well. As far as the gearcases I only had 2 guys try them. Both were quite impressed and one guy could run two people better than he could one before. The cases now have new homes.

I'll add more as I think of it and get time.

Randy

froggy

FB,

I may be biased but I sure liked the way the Hoss 4 blade Wasp ran on the HydroStream Venom. The 29 pitch pulled like a much lower pitch and just slammed against the stock 280 limiter at 103 GPS (double GPS's in the Jaco Venom). This prop handled very well (ask Clyde from Wisconsin) and allowed an Allison driver (me) to run the Stream flat out with zero seat time. I think this prop should show promise on a SS or even maybe a GS as they are similar to the Venom.

I am going to run this prop on my 2003/280 after it gets back from cryogenic treatment and before it's shipped out to the customer. I will report.

froggy

hack02

Brad with the Triad V21 said the torgue from the new gearcase was non existent compared to his stock Sportmaster. I'm thinking pretty hard about one. I went from a Torquemaster with a Tooters with almost zero steering torque to a stock Sportmaster and the pull from the Sporty is terrible.