Raleigh, NC lakes

Blue Gray in PA

I may be in the Raleigh, NC area at the end of this month (8/27-28) and am debating whether to bring the boat along since I will have some free time. Any know of a good lake(s) around that area or within a reasonable drive? Or anybody wanting an excuse to get their boat out on the water and take a fellow A-Owner for a ride or fishing? Any ideas or advice will be welcome...

Allyfishing

Scott, Falls lake is a few minutes from Raleigh and not very busy. I fished it years ago while down visiting friends. It's not very big. But if you have some time and you are taking your boat Kerr Res. is up north on the border, you'll cross over it on your way down. Or at least I do coming from eastern Pa. Anyway, one huge lake and lots and lots of water to fish. It's huge! It's not far from Raleigh and well worth the drive to go up to it. I can't remember how long a drive but it wasn't much.

Blue Gray in PA

Thanks Craig - still not sure what I'm doing because Ryan and a friend will be at the Major League Gaming event at the Convention Center and that's not really my scene so was thinking I may drag the boat down too - I appreciate the input as I saw both bodies of water on the map but didn't know anything about either.